IT Systems Engineer III
Company: Benaroya Research Institute
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Benaroya Research Institute (BRI) is seeking an experienced IT
Systems Engineer III. Under general direction, the IT Systems
Engineer will assist in the implementation, operation, and
maintenance of enterprise and research systems environments with a
focus on automation and process improvement.This position is
responsible for the design, deployment, administration, and
documentation of ITNs enterprise and research systems
- Windows and Linux Servers
- Backup and recovery
- Active Directory
- DNS, DHCP
- Client/server software and security
- System Center Suite
- Virus/spam control
- Optimize systems for creating and maintaining
- Upgrade and deploy solutions to enable continuing innovation
within the infrastructure, performing systems backups and recovery
- Act as an escalation point on Information Technology support
issues for users and technical support professionals.
- Plan, organize and document complex system design activities
and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional
- Communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in
- Establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders within and external to
the organization to identify and assess opportunities for continual
improvement in the Information Technology function. Provides
insight and advice on emerging methods and technologies to improve
enterprise and research systems, enterprise security, and process
- This position will be part of an on-call support rotation
- At least 6 years of professional experience supporting people
and technology or equivalent combination of directly related
education and experience required.
- At least 4 years of experience as a primary SME for one or more
technologies at a small to medium sized company/organization.
- Proven ability to successfully champion technical concepts from
inception to implementation.
- Experience writing, editing, and publishing formal IT policies
- Experience leading major change events and managing outages at
a small to medium sized company/organization.
- Experience with VMWare.
- Proven ability to solve complex IT problems and to design
- Strong knowledge working with various Client Operating systems
such as Windows XP/7/8/10.
- Experience with Windows server, Group Policy, and Active
- Working knowledge of various network equipment such as Routers,
Firewalls, Switches, and Wireless Access Points.
- Knowledge of various third party network and security
management software such as Traps.
- Knowledge of back-up software (Commvault/Veeam) and Disaster
- Strong knowledge in TCP/IP, Subnetting, DNS and how the
Internet works in general is a must.
- Relevant technical certifications are highly preferredAll
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or
protected veteran status. Requisition number: 1694 Department:
Immune Tolerance Network External Company URL:
http://www.benaroyaresearch.org/ Street: 1201 Ninth Avenue
Keywords: Benaroya Research Institute, Seattle , IT Systems Engineer III, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!