Lead Solution Engineer, Marketing Cloud Specialist- RCG
Company: Salesforce.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying
for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not
Department Description: The Retail and Consumer Goods (RCG),
Marketing Cloud Experts Solution Engineering (SE) team is an
innovative group of professionals at the heart of the Marketing
Cloud's industry leading solutions. This talented team helps
Salesforce customers develop and implement strategies to engage
with consumers in new and innovative ways, modernize their digital
marketing efforts, drive digital transformation and fuel marketing
Through collaboration with our customers, product & engineering
teams, professional services, partners and other SE's, we develop
unique solutions that solve business problems. The Solutions
Engineering world is a dynamic, ever changing environment where
expertise in design, business consulting and technology is
leveraged every day to drive innovation.
The Solution Engineering team sits at the intersection of Sales,
Product & Engineering, Marketing, and Professional Services. This
unique perspective creates an opportunity for the SE to interact
with the entire customer lifecycle and stakeholders across the
business. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment full of interesting
challenges and opportunities to create compelling Solutions in the
field of digital marketing then the Marketing Cloud SE team is for
- A Solution Engineer on the Marketing Cloud Experts team plays a
pivotal role in aligning digital marketing strategies to Salesforce
technology solutions across our customer base.
- The SE focuses on creative problem solving driven by deep
curiosity and the ability to get creative with a broad array of
technologies focused on use cases driven by marketers.
- Helps customers understand what is possible by demonstrating
technical solutions, and integration approaches, including data
flow and architectural diagram/visuals.
- Assists other SE's by leading enablement, creating
documentation and content, developing repeatable solutions, and
building tools to support the broader SE efforts.
- Partners with customers, collaborates with internal team
members, and engages with the C-suite to drive acceptance &
adoption of Salesforce solutions.
- This Solution Engineer assumes the role of trusted technical
advisor for driving customer innovation while also improving
business performance. The Solutions Engineer focus is in the
- Business Problem Solving: Take ambiguous and complex business
problems, define the problem, drive innovative ideas, identify the
opportunity set, and recommend actionable next steps.
- Innovation Management: Present and evaluate solution options,
and gain consensus among key stakeholders.
- Connect Experiences: Through software demonstrations and rapid
prototyping, demonstrate how connected experiences come to life
with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Industry Understanding & Experience: Retail and Consumer Goods
experience is welcome, but not required. What is required is the
candidate's ability to think deeply about everyday consumer
behavior and the connected consumer experience. This includes
instore or online shopping, marketing, advertising, app design,
mobile messaging, social media engagement, etc.
- Solutioning: Engaging with the customer, account, professional
services, partners, and system integration teams to fully
understand the customers needs and provide strategic solutions.
Demonstrate the solution validity by delivering visionary pitches
based in live product demonstrations.
- Relevant work experience in technology sales or pre-sales
- Experience working with customer facing software systems as a
developer, vendor, or end-user
- Native curiosity for; technology, business strategy and problem
- Passion for digging deep into a wide range of marketing and
data technologies, both Salesforce and non-Salesforce owned, and if
needed, can configure an end-to-end solution on the Salesforce
- Demonstrates technical competencies and developer-like
capabilities with experience building or tinkering with common
- Ability to be direct and attentive with the courage to form an
opinion and the confidence to present a solution with logical
- Naturally Curious: Always looking to learn new technology and
for ways to experiment with the new technology
- Previous experience as a Solutions Engineer or other Customer
- Previous experience within Consumer Goods, Retail, Pharma or
related industries (preferable as an SE)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; dynamic
(persuasive) in presenting ideas to clients and prospective clients
from VP to C-level
- Experience with Customer Data Platforms (CDP), Data Clouds,
Data Lake/Warehouse, Customer Experience Platforms, Personalization
Solutions, Content Recommendation Engines, Real-Time Interaction
Management and/or other related systems.
- Experience developing with the following:
- Server side web development design languages, scripting
XSLT, AJAX, JQuery
- MySQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server functionality.
REST/SOAP API integrations, SDKs.
- The ability to understand:
- Architecture of cloud-based platforms including SaaS, PaaS,
multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application
Star schema, data architectures and data-flows
- Demonstrated success driving organizational change within
- Past experience in organizational design consulting, process
design and optimization, digital governance, and team dynamics a
- Ability to work with a broad team across multiple disciplines
to help customers transform their business using the Salesforce
Customer Success Platform
- Analyze, structure, and negotiate long-term technology roadmap
initiatives with clients and partners
- Ability to understand, communicate and manage across the entire
- Broad knowledge of technology trends and relevance to clients
- Proven experience leading strategy and digital roadmap projects
in a complex business and marketing environment
- Strong understanding of user research, user-centered design
principles and online consumer behavior
- New business opportunity identification
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM,
empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new
way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new
technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business
model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These
founding principles have taken our company to great heights,
including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative
Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best
Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest
growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level
of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at
Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family")
made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we
are working to improve the state of the world.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open
positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to
improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to
drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed
to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive
programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource
groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at
Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or
identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran
status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do
not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party
agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with
Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider
for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
Keywords: Salesforce.com, Inc., Seattle , Lead Solution Engineer, Marketing Cloud Specialist- RCG, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!