Principal Architect (FirstNet)
Posted on: June 11, 2021
With First Responders. For First Responders.
FirstNet brings public safety their own, dedicated nationwide
communications platform to help them save lives and protect
communities. For AT&T, it was an opportunity to provide our
unmatched network capabilities to help make our communities safer.
Now, when disaster strikes, FirstNet will provide open lines of
communication to first responders when they need it most.
AT&T has an opening for a Principal Architect
The ideal candidate will be able to navigate complex political
structures, complex sales engagements including procurement
environments and shape FirstNet solutions / business thru alignment
with matrixed resources in order to influence an outcome that is
positive to promote and adopt FirstNet mission critical solutions
for first responders.
- Inclusion / collaboration with internal and external players to
- Meet with state / local / federal decision makers/associations/
influencers to discover current end user operations, discover
current technology solutions in place, discuss potential FirstNet
solutions to achieve operational improvements, submit complex
proposals and ensure compliance against solution requirements.
- Participate and market development events in assigned market to
advance discussions and awareness of FirstNet mission critical
solutions and connect disparate agencies to achieve
- Build & bring strategic relationships associated with the first
- Gather requirements from multiple first responder entities on
product development requirements and review with product
- Documentation of all interactions with influencers and decision
makers associated with the product requirement gathering
- Identification of any objections to solution adoption and
communication across internal / external resources.
- Position self as the first responder solutions Subject Matter
Expert (SME) in territory, demonstrating solution and market
knowledge / awareness of DHS designated critical infrastructure
- Serve as the lead associated with RFP/RFQ/RFB/RFI requests for
- Stay current and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of complex
first responder products, solutions and competitive intelligence
around pricing and market trends, etc.
- Inform cross functional stakeholders in competitive market
- Create and deliver an actionable strategy for influencing
assigned market for Mission Critical Services.
- Define 3rd party Consultant strategy and create education
focused on influencing RFP language.
- Maintain library of legal approved Mission Critical Services
language for usability in state, local and industry RFP
- Participate in and lead a Strategy Council across Product,
Sales and Mission Critical Solutions.
- Maintain minimum one (1) Industry Association in respresenting
FirstNet Program interests for adoption and market direction.
- Ability to demonstrate 5-10 years of verifiable public safety
or industry character references.
- Understand funding and procurement processes of government
agencies associated with complex infrastructure and application
- Understanding of first responder environment and dispatching
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills with
experience in speaking to government officials, customer executives
and key influencers.
- Understanding and experience in selling mobile broadband
technology and its application to first responder and DHS critical
infrastructure operational processes.
- Depth of knowledge in two-way radio communication design,
complex cellular architectures, complex wireline infrastructure,
security, & FirstNet.
- Understanding of first responder applications such as CAD, RMS,
JMS, ALPR, NLETS, NCIC, NFIR, E-Citation, AFIS and others involved
in incident command.
- Knowledge of cellular and network architectures and trends in
cellular technology, redundancy strategies as well as risk
- Knowledge of methods to secure data in transit and at
- Understand discussions around control of costs and return on
- Ability to determine and articulate outsourcing value
propositions to various individuals & titles with different levels
- Competitive knowledge of the mobile broadband marketplace for
- Ability to understand historical drivers for radio usage &
mobile broadband usage.
- Strong ability to match customer needs and pain points with
solutions and strategies.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2130772 Date posted 05/26/2021
Keywords: AT&T, Seattle , Principal Architect (FirstNet), Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!