Hardware Dev Engineer
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Amazon Imaging Sciences is searching for a Hardware Development
Engineer (HDE) to join a team at the forefront of providing
customers an immersive and informative shopping experience. As a
HDE, you will steer initiatives to enhance our imaging technology,
collaborating with stellar engineers, scientists, and artists,
ultimately producing 3D content that delights our customers. Our
Robotics, Optics, and Fabrication lab develops cutting-edge
technology to capture 3D models of the world's largest selection
for a variety of new and established experiences. Whether it is
inferring 3D structure and symmetry through new ML techniques, or
triangulating a pixel in 3D space with computer vision, our team is
exploring new horizons in imaging.
We are looking for hardware pioneers who are passionate about
delivering in a highly ambiguous space, building robust and
scalable systems, pursuing engineering excellence, balanced by a
strong impetus to innovate and iterate in this emerging space.
Key Job Responsibilities
- You will contribute to our team's technical strategies, vision,
and architecture from concept to production
- You will solve a breadth of technical problems involving
software, sensor controls, and optical metrology
- You will design and build electrical hardware solutions that
are highly available, performant, and extensible to a global fleet
- You will influence purchasing decisions related to micro
controllers, power-supplies, sensors, and other circuitry
- You will develop quality control processes, testing systems,
and author high quality documentation to ensure quality and
- You will work with industry and university research to develop
new reconstruction techniques
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science,
Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related
- 5+ years related experience
- Strong mix of Electrical design coupled with programming
fundamentals to design, test and verify electrical systems.
- Prior system-level hardware design experience involving
sensors, microcontrollers, microprocessors, or other active sensing
- Supporting hardware development technical projects from design
to release; supporting large-scale, multi-tiered, multi-threaded,
distributed software applications, tools, systems, and services;
programming using at least two of the following: Powershell,
Python, Java, C, or C++; and troubleshooting systemic problems in a
Linux/Unix as well as Windows based environments.
- 5+ year of experience specifying, designing, and/or
implementing system health, performance monitoring tools
- An Electrical engineering background with experience in coding
skills in Python or Java or Embedded C.
- Deep technical electrical background of micro-controllers and
experience with hardware and software interactions including
opportunities for automation/test development support
- Make appropriate trade-offs, re-use where possible, and are
judicious about introducing dependencies.
- Efficient with resource usage (e.g., system hardware, database,
memory/CPU, etc.). You identify patterns that affect the
performance, reliability, or availability of a product or service
and drive them out of the system through automation or other
- You are an excellent diagnostician due to cross-domain
understanding of the technology involved in the system.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Seattle , Hardware Dev Engineer, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!