Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Are you a seasoned business analyst with experience managing
teams to deliver large, complex organizational change projects? Are
you interested in defining future operating models and business
systems for Amazon's worldwide operations teams? At Amazon we
believe that every day is still day one, and we are looking for a
Senior Business Analyst to deliver multiple large scale business
improvement projects to enable us continue to delight our customers
while driving out waste costs and improving our efficiency and
The Senior Business Analyst is a core leadership role within a
business change project team that involves managing multiple direct
report Business Analysts to ensure production of high quality
analysis deliverables as required by each project or program.
Reporting directly to the Program or Project Leader and working
closely with the other senior project team members, the successful
- Review, challenge and add value to current and future state
process analysis, ensuring that all process documents are of a high
level of quality and consistency that is logical and
- Use process assessment data to create improved future state
business processes, including the definition of any automation,
system use and workflows that may be required.
- Derive recommendations from analysis that have an impact on
multiple teams and provide significant business value.
- Lead the presentation of proposed future processes and customer
journeys to business users of different levels of seniority from
across all areas of Amazon Operations, including teams such as
Engineering, Launch Teams, Finance and Accounting to gain feedback,
and collaboratively finalize process designs.
- Review functional and non-functional requirements for the
future state models as elicited by Business Analysts to ensure that
requirements are justified, clear, singular, un-conflicting and
prioritized, and are combined to create a clear unambiguous
narrative for proposed solutions.
- Manage and lead gap analysis with short-listed solutions
providers to understand most appropriate solution options, and
write and present business cases to program boards and senior
leaders to justify recommendations.
- Support any relevant procurement activities (RFP/RFI tendering
processes) and work with relevant solutions provider/s to
communicate requirements and clarify overall understanding of the
- Lead the creation of UAT documentation (scripts, recording
documents) and help coordinate the UAT process and any subsequent
bug fixes prior to approval and roll out.
- Support go live of new processes and solutions and act as a
change champion to ensure successful change implementation.
- Provide insightful narrative and updates to project/program
managers for progress reporting and board updates.
- Effective and collaborative people management (essential);
- Experience working with and influencing senior business
partners, Directors and Vice Presidents (VPs) in a project
environment, facilitating alignment and consensus on future
business solutions and changes.
- Experience engaging business stakeholders across multiple
countries and cultures in a trustworthy and thoughtful manner
within an exciting, innovative project environment.
- Ability to identify resource needs for the team, and
continuously build network of talent inside and outside of company,
quickly and efficiently on boarding new talent when required.
- Ability to coach effectively and provide supporting and
constructive feedback to direct reports to help develop talent and
support career development.
- Set and articulate expectations around leadership behavior for
team; model behavior that exemplifies Amazon Leadership
- Effective business analysis
- Experience in critically reviewing analysis and adding value to
project deliverables such as process maps, use cases, customer
journeys and requirements documents.
- Experience in writing and presenting business cases / ROIs to
senior business stakeholders.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify risks, hand-offs, bottle
necks and opportunities in business processes.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to
draw business insights
- 3+ years relevant experience in financial/business
- Experience in SQL
- Highly analytical, detailed oriented with experience in Fixed
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous
projects with incomplete data
- Recognized Business Analysis qualification such as IIBA or
- Recognized Project Management Qualification such as PMI PMP,
- Proven ability at looking at solutions in unconventional
- Advanced ability to draw insights from analysis supported by
data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior
management as required
- Experience in developing requirements and formulating business
metrics for reporting
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Seattle , Business Analyst, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!