Financial Analyst, AWS New Regions
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
On the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Finance team you will be
surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and
driven, and believe that world class support is critical to
customer success. To build this rapidly growing business, you must
be highly analytical, set high standards for accuracy and pace.
This team works hard, has a great deal of fun; we are making
history and having fun doing so.
The position supports the the development and execution of our
regional expansion strategies covering new region investments and
special projects. In this role, you will help lay the foundations
to grow the AWS data center infrastructure footprint, ensuring that
the business has a viable and cost effective expansion path in any
given region that we operate in. Areas of responsibility include:
1) owning the financial elements of long-term Infrastructure Data
Center supply strategies in new regions, 2) evaluating, influencing
and approving colocation contractual and supporting data center
construction approvals to build, 3) developing and deploying KPI's
that allow us to identify course-correction opportunities in real
time, and 4) driving process improvement and automation.
- Partner with the AWS Infrastructure Business Development team
to provide strategic guidance on investments alternatives and deal
negotiations for regional expansions
- Perform discounted cash flow and P&L financial modeling,
often under tight deadlines and lead executive-level discussions.
Ensure internal stakeholders (e.g. Real estate, New Region
Portfolio Management, Product teams, Networking, Data Center
Engineering, Accounting, Legal, Tax, etc.) are aligned with
- Help prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior
management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new
- Provide controllership and oversight of business case data
integrity and approvals
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly
analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or
equivalent and a minimum 3 years of finance experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, partner
cross-functionally, and be self-motivated in a fast-paced and
rapidly changing technology environment
- Solid business judgment and controllership focus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer
focused, professional demeanor
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed
- Strong excel modeling skills
- Familiarity with financial systems such as Cognos TM1
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Seattle , Financial Analyst, AWS New Regions, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!