Company: Trident Seafoods
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Trident Seafoods was founded over 40 years ago and we are proud
to have grown to be the largest vertically integrated seafood
company in North America. We are a family-owned company with over
9,000 employees worldwide. Trident Seafoods is based out of
Seattle, but has processing plants across the United States,
Europe, Japan, and China. The real heartbeat of Trident Seafoods,
however, is its access to the natural resources in the remote
coastal communities of Alaska. We have a unique heritage, talented
employees and a company culture founded on the "can do" spirit.
Trident believes that our employees are the most foremost reason
for our success, allowing us to be the leader in the Seafood
The Cost Accountant - Senior directs financial activities of the
manufacturing organization. This position is based out of Trident
Seafoods' Support Center in Seattle, WA and will support several
Alaska seafood processing plants as well as ancillary
- Responsible for preparation of operations labor and overhead
spending budgets and allocation of standard costs across product
- Partners with operations managers and engineering department in
detailed capital budgeting process, including approval write-ups,
reporting, tracking, forecasts, and fixed asset closeouts.
- Tracks, validates, and assists in planning of continuous
improvement and cost savings projects.
- Monitors and analyzes trends in labor and overhead spending,
production volume and mix, and material usage. Works with
management team to identify and understand variances.
- Completes and presents analysis of operational decisions, plant
financials, and capital project ROI.
- Responsible for execution of manufacturing work order
- Works with accounting team to complete manufacturing accounting
month-end process, including accruals and reconciliations.
- Reviews and analyzes weekly/monthly/quarterly spend, inventory,
and production reports as needed.
- Oversees preparation and maintenance of bills of material.
- Provides support with internal and external audit requests as
well as compliance reporting.
- Travels to Alaska up to 10% of the time for 1 to 2 weeks at a
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or
- Acquires knowledge of Trident's Environmental and Safety
Policies by completing required training programs and performing
designated work activities in accordance with training and
- Notifies designated personnel of any environmental or safety
incidents or risks not previously documented, in accordance with
Environmental Awareness and/or safety trainings
Experience / Education:
- Minimum of 7-10 years finance/accounting experience.
- Manufacturing or operations experience is required. Food
industry experience desired.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting from four-year college or
- CPA or CMA preferred.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and financial
- Experience with an ERP system such as JD Edwards, Oracle or SAP
- Ability to travel to Alaska up to 10% of the time for 1 to 2
weeks at a time.
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age and genetic information.
Trident Seafoods has adopted a zero-tolerance and drug-free
workplace policy. Pre-employment drug examinations are required for
Any employment offer from Trident Seafoods is contingent upon
the candidate maintaining valid immigration status and work
authorization throughout employment, without any need for
immigration sponsorship by the company.
Keywords: Trident Seafoods, Seattle , Cost Accountant, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!