Posted on: June 12, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our
mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero
waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the
way freight moves.
The next time you're out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the
road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive
empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact,
empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted
carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network
helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group
of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and
help move the world forward.
Convoy is establishing a team of talented, thoughtful engineers
to automate the logistics industry. Our goal is to develop amazing
software to make trucking efficient while growing ourselves and our
coworkers sustainably. You should pride yourself on developing
products at light speed, while simultaneously being intentional in
your approach towards the process, communication, and building
- Build delightful and innovative features that make it easier
for our customers to run their businesses. Our customers include
small trucking companies all the way to large, well known brands
who need to ship their products.
- Invent best-in-industry tools while working side-by-side with
our operations and business teams.
- Write scalable software that helps us efficiently handle the
large amount of shipment volume on our platform. For example, we
process millions of dollars of payments.
- Use machine learning to improve our margins or brokerage
efficiency. Some of the problems we solve include automating our
operations processes, forecasting prices, matching shipments, and
personalizing the product experience for our individual
We're looking for someone who has:
- 6 to 8 years of industry experience building production
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or
- Strong experience in mentoring both junior and senior engineers
in multiple dimensions
- Proven track record of technical leadership and driving
technical strategy across engineering teams and organizations
- Strong sense of ownership and can drive complex projects
- Growth mindset and is able to rapidly learn new technologies
and concepts to meet the needs of our customers
- General knowledge of both frontend and backend technologies
with a good understanding of multi-service architectures
- Ability to help cultivate flexible, diverse, and empathetic
Nice to haves:
- High-quality web or mobile frontend experience. Ideally in
React/Redux and React Native technologies.
- Our stack is written mostly in Node.js, TypeScript, GraphQL,
PostgreSQL, and AWS. We're open to engineers from all backgrounds,
but having knowledge in these areas is helpful.
- Experience and familiarity with building and operating large
- Experience and familiarity with Machine Learning. For example,
pricing and ranking/optimization problem solving.
This application process includes a resume review. We encourage
you to apply and show us your skills, regardless of whether your
resume precisely matches the job description. If you prefer to
apply with a technical skills test instead of a resume review, you
can do so at this link!
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside
of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also
offer the following:
- On demand mental and emotional health benefits through
- On demand primary care through 98.6
- Generous paid time off
- Paid parental leave program
- Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
- Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright
- Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee
- Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome
applicants from all backgrounds. If you're a passionate team player
who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team,
we'd love to hear from you!
Keywords: Convoy, Seattle , Software Engineer, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!