Sr. Program Manager, Business Operations
Company: F5 Networks
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together
to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Sr. Program Manager, Business Operations
Global Marketing and Customer Experience Team
For over 20 years, F5 have been the industry leader in
application delivery. Now, we're helping our customers thrive on
any architecture and across multi-cloud environments. F5 is the
only company on the planet that powers applications from
development through their entire lifecycle so our
customers-enterprise businesses, service providers, governments,
and consumer brands-can deliver differentiated, high-performing,
and secure digital experiences that are changing the world.
But our success isn't driven solely by what we do. We also care
deeply about how we do it. Our culture is how we live, every single
day, and it's producing exceptional results-not only for our
customers, but also for our employees. We understand that your life
is about more than just work, and we're committed to a culture that
supports your whole life.
The Senior Program Manager is an integral part of a team of 4
that leads business operations for the Global Marketing and CX
organization of 200+ employees. The charter of the Business Ops is
to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of GMCX by developing
constructive programs and removing systemic obstacles. This
strategic and facilitative role requires a combination of focus and
flexibility, as well as a willingness to play an active yet
The successful candidate will collaborate, negotiate, and
establish plans across all Marketing & CX leaders, Sales, Customer
Success, Finance, HR, Procurement, Product Management, and
Technology Services, Learning & Development, and Business
Operations leaders company wide. This position does not manage
direct reports but is required to mentor and coach throughout the
- Connections. Build positive relationships across F5 and
understanding of priorities. Connect dots across teams and
anticipate events that will have an impact on the team. Serve as an
amplifier of CMCXO messages across the organization, and bring
forward team input, without adding a layer or being a filter. Keep
a pulse on the business.
- Program Management. Lead multiple sophisticated programs,
responsible for program methodology, measurement, analysis, and
reporting on outcomes. Draw insights from performance data and
communicate recommendations for changes on an ongoing basis.
Programs may include, among others:
- Refine organizational operations, enabling GMCX team members to
focus on decision-rights, and career paths
- outcomes vs. process
- Handle job profiles for the organization, building clear
- Crafting programs to encourage a constructive feedback
- Establish diversity and inclusiveness initiatives to support
all employees, retain high performers, and encourage different
- Plan and execute ongoing, programmatic training, geared towards
the evolving needs of the organization, and incorporating
educational content from a variety of sources. Raise the bar on
team knowledge and performance
- Develop and refine capacity planning across multiple org
structures within GMCX
- Planning. Lead the GMCX rhythm of the business, including
annual, quarterly, and weekly review and planning. Drive
accountabilities with follow-up action items from business reviews
and executive meetings. Ensure clarity and accountability across
- Communication. Develop CMCXO communications and presentations.
Propose and coordinate presentations to internal/external
audiences; ensure consistent content across all channels.
- Alignment. Bolster alignment throughout GMCX with consistent
messaging and consistent execution of priority programs.
- Organizational Performance. Shift how we work and align
priorities to drive customer-focused conversations and outcomes.
Apply business principles and rigor to all decisions and influence
others to meet those standards.
- Strategy. Be an integral part of developing short and long-term
marketing strategy, including the evolving operating model and
culture. Contribute to setting goals and execution priorities.
- Flexibility. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- 12 years' experience in marketing, program management, business
operations, or product management
- Passion for bringing the customer to the forefront of every
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated executive maturity, with experience influencing
employees from entry level to C-level
- Consistent track record of building, supporting and managing
resources across multiple cross-functional teams
- Program management skills of leadership, foresight, critical
thinking, conflict management and risk management, in addition to
bullet-proof planning, organization, and analysis
- Experience leading multiple, simultaneous complex programs,
through ambiguity and redefinition, with work streams spanning
different businesses and fields
- Strong business and marketing acumen
- Demonstrated use of analytics to evaluate and define both
issues and solutions
- Work experience in B2B marketing and the tech industry
- Proficient in primary and secondary market research
- Proficiency in business casing, financial modeling, budget
development and strategic planning
- Understanding of common methodologies in organizational change,
performance management, and mentor cultures
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while
sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate
over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically or working
outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation
of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the
description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and
requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email
address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from
Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities
to all employees and employment applicants without regard to
unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or
military status, genetic information, or any other classification
protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy
applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited
to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits,
training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is
available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon
Keywords: F5 Networks, Seattle , Sr. Program Manager, Business Operations, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!