Senior Program Manager - Operational Excellence
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Imagine helping customers use every service and feature
(thousands of them) of the wide and ever-expanding breadth of AWS
and you will only just begin to understand the complex and
downright fun environment that AWS Support lives every day.
AWS Support is seeking an experienced Program Manager. You will
use the latest AWS technologies, focusing on continuously improving
the efficiency of our thousands of Cloud Support Engineers
globally. In this role, you are surrounded by people that are
smart, passionate about cloud computing, and who believe world
class support services are critical to customer success. You will
have direct influence on how thousands of Cloud Support Engineers
around the world leverage tools, interact with customers, and
engage with internal engineering teams to ensure we deeply
understand our customers and respond quickly to their needs.
In this role, you will drive a continuous improvement roadmap,
lead and facilitate Kaizen events, act as a change agent in the
organization by driving change and implementing continuous
improvement tools, while utilizing and improving existing
methodologies. Work with stakeholders to guide design, build, test,
and deployment of cross-functional solutions to address a wide
variety of engineering problems. You will take large, complex
problems and break them down into manageable pieces, then ensure
timely delivery of solutions. You will identify technical and
resource options to successfully deliver and drive adoption of
solutions. You will assess costs, benefits and ROI; identify and
mitigate risks; manage escalations; anticipate and make trade-offs;
balance business needs with technical constraints.
As a Program Manager in AWS Support you will:
- Enable transparency and decision making across AWS leadership
by providing communication and clear status of the initiatives you
- Bring your expertise, problem solving skills, and creativity to
add value to our team.
- Unify distributed efforts and own the plan to deliver quality
outcomes for our customers.
- Work across orgs to ensure we continue marrying internal
support capabilities with best-in-class customer experience as new
services and features are launched.
- Manage programs to continuously improve our organizational
efficiency as AWS continues to grow.
- Promote the use of lean principles
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Proven experience in Lean, Six Sigma, Operational Excellence,
or other related qualifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field. In lieu of degree,
additional years of hands-on experience may be substituted.
- 5+ years of program management.
- 3+ year of experience in process engineering/continuous
- Practical knowledge and skill in the use of project management
methodologies and tools.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects from
requirements definition through delivery of solution, including
communication of status and results throughout the
- Strong demonstrated knowledge across a broad spectrum of
technologies, tools and architecture.
- Experience communicating lean concepts to a wide audience.
- Experience interpreting and communicating analytics.
AWS Support values diversity of thought and wants to grow by
hiring people with a wide range of backgrounds, cultures, and
experiences that allow us to continue innovating for complex
problems. If you are interested in shaping the future of Amazon AWS
Support organization, apply to learn more about this exciting
opportunity. Amazon is a committed to a diverse and inclusive
workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability,
age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with
disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Seattle , Senior Program Manager - Operational Excellence, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!