Posted on: June 12, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our
mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero
waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the
way freight moves.
The next time you're out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the
road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive
empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact,
empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted
carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network
helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group
of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and
help move the world forward.
You are eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You
are passionate about driving growth at a scaling company. No
challenge is too big, and you thrive in fast-paced dynamic
- Conduct month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closings and
reporting and performs high-level inquiries/reviews as necessary to
ensure accuracy and consistency of reported data.
- Consolidate financial data from various IT systems into the GL
and performs detailed reconciliations to ensure accuracy and
completion of data transfers.
- Prepare journal entries as required.
- Research and documenting US GAAP technical memos.
- Prepare year-end US GAAP financial statements and
- Manage and interacting with external auditors as needed.
- Manage AP vendor set, invoice approval, and invoice payment
- Work with other organizations within the business to monitor
and document internal control business processes and updating
flow-charts as necessary.
- Work closely with FP&A to assist in budget-to-actual
- Work closely with IT to increase automation and improve
workflows within our ERP and other systems
- Prepare federal and state returns and miscellaneous tax
- Provide support as needed to department and business
- Perform special projects as assigned by CFO or Controller.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years in private accounting (public accounting experience a
- CPA, required
- Fluency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong data driven decision making skills and the ability to
- Ability to define, implement and manage the creation of new
- Ability to leverage technology to invent, improve, and
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, change
direction quickly and prioritize workload.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and
- Experience with Workday Financial Management or similar ERP
- Experience with SQL
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside
of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also
offer the following:
- On demand mental and emotional health benefits through
- On demand primary care through 98.6
- Generous paid time off
- Paid parental leave program
- Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
- Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright
- Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee
- Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome
applicants from all backgrounds. If you're a passionate team player
who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team,
we'd love to hear from you!
Keywords: Convoy, Seattle , Senior Accountant, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!