Senior Manager - Snow Surface Operations, Stevens Pass
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers
and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime
to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the
brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Senior Manager, Snow Surfaces is responsible for the year
round oversight and coordination of the Snowmaking, Grooming,
Vehicle Shop, Snow Removal, and Terrain Parks departments plus
summer construction operations to ensure a consistent and safe
product for our employees and guests! This is achieved through
financial management, teamwork, planning, employee development,
quality control and strong leadership. This position assists with
the development, communication, and implementation of the Resort's
initiatives and goals; while developing, and maintaining, strong
working relationships both internally and externally
- Accountable for mountain operations goals while contributing to
overall resort and corporate objectives and initiatives.
- Own the efforts for mountain operations to improve employee and
guest safety and eliminate employee work comp incidents.
- Increase operational efficiency and effectiveness through
ongoing intra and inter-departmental communication and
- Lead all aspects of the departmental budgets and capital
projects while supervising performance to expectations.
- Responsible for ongoing mountain development planning, capital
planning, as well as expense planning and implementation.
- Develop leaders within the mountain operations organization to
improve leadership within current roles and to prepare for
- Directly manage the establishment of goals, development plans
and the appropriate evaluation of performance for all team members.
Ensure effective hiring, training, mentoring, and specialty.
- Drive the mountain operations, and the overall Stevens Pass
resort, values to build efficient engagement of employees-
providing the experience of a lifetime for our staff and ensuring
that they provide it for our guests.
- Actively participate in enterprise wide standard methodology
groups relevant to operating departments with a focus on driving
local and companywide results.
- Build strong, positive relationships with partner groups
outside of direct team members, this includes other Stevens Pass
divisions, homeowner groups, community partners, etc. Act as a
Stevens Pass representative with the local community as
- Prioritize and adapt in a continually evolving business and
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal
regulations, including OSHA, SWMP, water reporting, etc.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and clean DMV record.
- At least 7 years of proven track record in mountain
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Must have expert-level skiing and/or snowboarding ability.
- Must possess the ability to speak, read and write effectively
- Must have the ability to operate proficiently with Microsoft
Office Suite and other VRI software as needed.
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must have the ability to lift and carry 75lbs.
- Knowledge of Stevens Pass mountain operations
- Previous experience with snowmaking, grooming, terrain parks,
Do you love the mountains and wonder what it would be like to
work at a mountain resort? Looking to try something new and learn
how to ski, snowboard or downhill mountain bike? Are you looking to
meet new friends from all over the country and world? If you
answered yes to any of these questions, we invite you to come join
our community at Stevens Pass today! Why not work where you play,
and let Stevens Pass be your office. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 306477
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Seattle , Senior Manager - Snow Surface Operations, Stevens Pass, Other , Skykomish, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!