Solution Architect - Electrical Power Systems Modelling
Company: General Electric
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Description Summary
Responsible for activities and processes that help the sales
organization achieve business objectives. In this role, you will be
responsible for Power Systems Application modelling, implementing
and configuring GE digital solutions for demonstration systems. You
will work closely with solution consultants to understand customer
desired outcomes and act as the technical lead for the
demonstration systems and any supporting technical collateral the
solution consultants require. You will also provide key technical
feedback from a commercial perspective both to engineering and
You will act as presales' technical lead for GE Digital's Grid
Solutions, working closely with solution consultants and
coordinating cross-organizationally with engineering and product
management. This role has a focus on Power Systems Application
modelling and requires knowledge in one or more of GE Digital's
Grid asset control technologies specifically focusing on the
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand prospects Application modelling needs and design
metamodels and transformation of data to target database formats
with strong understanding of CIM.
- Works with prospects' data set for model migration and
conversion of data to format needed for advanced Power Systems
Application and SCADA
- Lead the implementation and integration of GE Digital Grid
solutions on demonstration systems focusing on Advanced
Distribution Management Systems and SCADA.
- Provide expert knowledge and experience to convert customer
business requirements and demonstration scripts to technical
- Troubleshoot and provide subject matter expertise to address
issues found on demonstration systems providing real-time support
for the solution consultants.
- Train other team members on GE digital solutions presales
enablement collateral including demonstration systems and standard
- Lead cross-functional teams as required for the solution
implementation on large competitive benchmark demonstrations.
- Provide Voice of the Customer and Voice of the Field feedback
to product and engineering on product enhancements and product
- Lead and manage the technical aspects for all phases of Proof
of Concept projects.
- Provide Voice of the Customer feedback.
- Implement and maintain demonstration systems in the Cloud.
- Expand the set of standard demo scenarios and provide feedback
on ways they can be improved.
- Provide input to engineering on defects encountered and any
steps to reproduce the issue.
- Write scripts to automate any system set up steps needed to be
done by the solution consultants.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with team
members, customers, and leadership.
- Maintain & continuously update technical skills and
- Work independently as well as part of the team
- Master's degree in Electrical Power Systems or in "STEM" Majors
(Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) OR
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Power Systems or in "STEM"
Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) plus at least 2
years of experience
- Work and/or academic experience in the power systems area.
- Knowledge on Perl, PowerShell and SQL (MSSQL and/or T-SQL)
scripting languages. Good understanding of database operation.
- Good understanding of power systems with focus on Distribution
Network Applications like Power flow, Fault Location, Isolation and
Service Restoration, Load and Volt Var Management and Distribution
Operator training Simulator.
- Excellent knowledge of assigned technical area and a strong
understanding of the EMS and DMS software.
- Knowledge and experience with electric utility industry
- Experience or familiarity with container technologies e.g.
Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong
interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
Established project management skills.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development,
challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in
the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is
conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Keywords: General Electric, Seattle , Solution Architect - Electrical Power Systems Modelling, Other , Bothell, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!