Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for designing highly complex
modules, critical components or a whole application/product in its
entirety. Has the vision to integrate it across multiple systems.
This position works independently and is seen as a technical
leader. The position is responsible for driving the design and
development efforts related to architecture, scalability,
availability and performance in alignment with the
Roles and Responsibilities:
Do enjoy talking about partitions, actors, and leader elections?
Do your nodes gossip with their neighbors? Can you get a quorum to
achieve consensus? If so, then we might have the perfect
opportunity for you.
We are looking for an experienced, creative, and growth-minded
software engineer to help us meet the challenge of retooling the
power grid for a de-carbonized future. The right engineer will own
the culster runtime of our next generation database, which is
tightly focused on meeting the intense demands of both current and
rapidly approaching power grid workloads.
Eager to take our innovative distributed runtime to the next
level of performance, availability, and scalability? Do you thrive
working as a valued member of respectful, collaborative, and
high-performing teams? Ready to play a key role in protecting the
future of our planet? If so, please, apply now!
But before you do, please make sure that you also:
- Have deep mastery of at least one of: C#, C/C++, Java, Kotlin,
Rust, Scala, or other systems/primary enterprise language
- Feel passionate about distributed systems
- Are open to embracing a new language/stack, if ours ends up
being new to you
- Are comfortable reading, recommending, and conversing about
relevant academic papers
- Grasp the spirit and the particulars of language interop
- Have practical experience in building cross-platform
- Enjoy working remotely as part of a fully distributed team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors
(Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), or applicant possesses
- Minimum of 8 years of experience
- Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the
scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream
consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to
support a positive outcome. Uses experts or other third parties to
- Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream
implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to
improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is
needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or
barriers on behalf of the team. Able to navigate accountability in
a matrixed organization.
- Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose. Learns
- Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical
thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to
resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and
analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in
seemingly unrelated information.
- Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and
goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new
directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render
one path impassable.
- Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to
significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change
weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively
learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly
GE offers a great work environment, professional development,
challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in
the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is
conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes