Career Opportunities: Production Designer (87628)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Freeman is the global leader in events. Whether virtual,
in-person, or hybrid, we are on a mission to redefine live events
for a new era. With a data-driven approach and the world's largest
network of experts, our insights are shaping exhibitions, exhibits,
and events that drive audiences to action.
The Production Designer is responsible for the planning and
coordination of audio visual and scenic requirements for produced
events. This position is responsible for educating technical staff,
sales staff, show-site staff, and divisional leaders on
implementation related issues. This position will interface broadly
with cross divisional teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with clients, sales staff, operations, and
project managers to develop event designs and to coordinate
pre-production, onsite, and post-production activities in line with
- Creates diagrams and for shows based on budgeted designs;
ensure on-site personnel have and understand this information.
- Assists in the scheduling and/or recommending of personnel to
- Communicates load-in, load-out, install, and dismantle planning
information to show site teams.
- Coordinates and/or assists both technical and labor crews.
- Responsible for ensuring the correct specification setup and
optimization of event requirements.
- Directs workflow of event planning process.
- Oversees planning of audio visual and scenic requirements
involving multiple elements, mediums, and materials.
- Plans production elements for events with multi-elements
switching and cues.
- Generates and maintains a comprehensive production book and
schedule for each event.
- Coordinates logistics for all technical events needs.
- Coordinates and supervises planning process and reviews any
budget impacts with Client Solutions Manager.
- Analyze current programs and make recommendation for
improvement on gear, electrical, rigging, and safety.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. High School Diploma or Equivalent
with professional work experience is required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in live event production
with a minimum of 5 years focused on overall production
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to
- Ability to calculate figures such as proportions, percentages,
area, circumference, and volume.
- Experience drawing system design in AutoCad or
- Ability to develop and interpret AutoCad, VectorWorks, and/or
architectural drawings and renderings.
- Proven aptitude in CAD programs and MS Office suite.
- Knowledge of audio, lighting, video, and set systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
PMP certification preferred.
At Freeman, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping
us to create not only a great place to work, but also an
environment where our employees, our customers and our communities
around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, veteran status and other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Freeman, Seattle , Career Opportunities: Production Designer (87628), Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!