Social Impact Associate Marketing Manager
Posted on: June 12, 2021
A Day in the Life
Nordstrom has set ambitious goals about our work in social
impact in the coming five years and we are looking for a strategic
leader with proven experience to lead this effort on our marketing
As the Social Impact Associate Marketing Manager at Nordstrom,
you will oversee the end-to-end customer experience for Social
Impact work at Nordstrom. Including Corporate Social Responsibility
(CSR): corporate philanthropy, environmental sustainability, human
rights, and Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB) marketing
initiatives for Nordstrom stores, Nordstrom.com, Nordstrom
- Create marketing strategies designed to effectively communicate
the values we stand for as set by the CSR and DIB leadership teams.
Ensure all efforts are focused on raising brand awareness,
acquiring new customers and engaging current customers.
- Develop brand campaigns across all marketing channels,
including digital media, social media, print, email, in-store
signage, site placements, mobile placements/push, public relations,
and events, in partnership with those channel owners
- Partner with peers across the organization to develop and
execute your strategies, securing operational resources and
execution 1 to 9 months out from live date. Work closely with
project management, and creative teams to ensure alignment on
approach and execution.
- Manage initiatives, reports results, and makes recommendations
based on risk mitigation, brand building, reputation, opportunities
to drive sales, generate impact and other factors.
- Work with the Director of Scaled Events & Commercial to develop
the company's wholistic Social Impact Marketing and Digital
- Champion our Social Impact Marketing and Digital Merchandising
Strategy to peers and leadership. Ensure Marketing Strategy stays
aligned to the Social Impact goals set by CSR and DIB leaders.
- As the Subject Matter Expert for DIB marketing, help to create
DIB best practices in partnership with the DIB team, including but
not limited to casting direction, and media practices and new
- Maintain exemplary knowledge of the customer, marketplace
trends and business performance and serve and evangelize this
knowledge while building marketing strategies. Provide an informed
opinion and be seen as a trusted advisor.
- Assist in the development of the department budget; and ensure
our budget aligns to the overall marketing priorities.
- Lead testing and innovation to optimize marketing effectiveness
and return on investment
Objectives & Key Results
- Nordstrom Customer Goals and Brand Engagement Metrics for
- End-to-end customer experience from strategy through execution
for Social Impact marketing campaigns. This includes: (1) Executing
on Customer Strategy, (2) N.com Navigation & Merchandising to
support key initiatives, (3) N.com Features & Functionality to
support key initiatives, (4) Marketing & Content Messaging, (5)
Reporting & optimization.
An Associate Manager is not a people manager. They however can
work closely with Sr. Specialists and/or Specialists, providing
direction, in order to execute on strategies to achieve OKRs. This
role sits on the Scaled Events & Commercial Brand CBOT team.
The role can be based in Seattle WA, Los Angeles CA, Chicago IL,
or New York NY. Partner teams and peers are mostly located in
- A Bachelor's degree in advertising, communications or marketing
- 5+ years of marketing experience, including marketing for
corporate philanthropy, sustainability, human rights or social
- Commitment to Social Justice - has deep appreciation for the
diversity of the communities we serve and the programs that we
operate and fund. Brings a lens of equity to and social justice to
investments and programs for partners and employees.
- Experience in corporate diversity, philanthropy, nonprofit
management, human rights, or social impact or similar field
- Demonstrated success in setting marketing goals, writing
marketing briefs and leading cross functional groups through
concept development and execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation
skills, including the ability to interact with senior
- Strong follow-through and attention to detail.
- Proven experience in successfully managing national marketing
- Prior experience in marketing planning and strategy
- Deep understanding of consumer media (analog and digital),
marketing, events and PR
- Ability to build strong relationship with peers and senior
We've got you covered
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected
in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits
to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities
and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be
additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or
accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which
can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click
the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Keywords: Nordstrom, Seattle , Social Impact Associate Marketing Manager, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!