Principal Product Manager - Technical - AWS Apps
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The AWS Applications team builds powerful, intuitive, and
market-defining business and productivity applications to help our
customers stay ahead of their changing business needs, and remove
the burden of undifferentiated heavy lifting that business users go
through daily. We are building a new category of AWS applications
that will make customer-centric technology developed to support
Amazon.com available to AWS customers. These applications will
leverage the power of machine learning and the large ecosystem of
AWS services such as SageMaker, AWS Lambda, Amazon S3, and Amazon
QuickSight to provide a truly frustration-free, easy-to-use,
extensible, and natural customer experience. This is a unique
green-field chance to build something from scratch, and has
tremendous opportunity for career growth.
Joining the AWS Apps team gives you the opportunity to:
- Solve challenging problems and help customers modernize their
core IT applications
- Work for a company that's a recognized leader in the cloud
- Have direct impact on hundreds of thousands of users of AWS
- Be involved in the fast growing big data space - learn from the
What you will do here:
We are looking for a seasoned principal technical product
manager to own the product strategy, development, launch, and
ongoing execution for new applications. In this position, you will
play a pivotal role defining product requirements, setting the
go-to-market strategy, and tirelessly championing the needs of our
customers. Given the breadth of these new applications, this role
will require coordination across many internal and external teams
and will be visible at the highest levels of the company. You'll
work with our customers, partners, software vendors, and
operational stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features, and
spearhead the definition of new capabilities through expertly
crafted business requirements documents.
This team is a great fit for you if:
- You enjoy working with a fun team that prides itself on a great
work environment with an inclusive group of people that are working
together towards a common goal.
- You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in working
on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by
millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their
functions and interactions.
- You'd like to be directly responsible for solving real customer
- You are a passionate learner and are motivated to take on new
- You want to have fun; surround yourself with a highly talented
pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also
enjoy work life balance.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to
furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee -led
affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters
globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and
ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race
and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14
Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse
perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 10+ years of product management experience, ideally in SaaS,
PaaS or IaaS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related
- An entrepreneurial spirit and be able to work independently and
effectively in a results-oriented environment
- Demonstrated history of successfully bringing novel products to
market, such as those that integrate new technology, branch into
new consumer segments or other market segments, or start new
- Demonstrated ability to champion the voice of other
stakeholders in your products
- Strong team-orientation with proven track record of taking
ownership and delivering results
- Have a strong track record of achieving the balance between
innovation and strong customer and quality focus
- Experience with developing strategic business partnerships
- AWS Certified
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Seattle , Principal Product Manager - Technical - AWS Apps, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!