Occupational Therapist (Home Health)
Company: LHC Group
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Assured Home Health is hiring an Occupational Therapist to join
The Occupational Therapist in Home Health is responsible for the
assessment and evaluation of patient care needs related to
functional status, activities of daily living, fine motor
coordination, home assessments and adaptive equipment, and other
occupational therapy needs as defined by medical conditions. Based
on this assessment and evaluation, the Occupational Therapist helps
to determine a treatment plan, performs interventions aimed at
improving and enhancing the patient's well being, and evaluates the
Assured Home Health, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about
Benefits and More
- Flexible Schedules
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision packages available within 60
- 401(k) with company match
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Promotion opportunities
- Continuing Education
- Provides service within the scope of practice as defined by the
state laws governing the practice of Occupational Therapy, in
accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other
members of the health care team.
- Follows the plan of care by leading the patient in the use of
therapeutic, creative, and self-care activities to improve
functioning and safety.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising nurse and the
physician the patient's response to treatment and changes to the
- Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and participating members
of the health care team in the areas of therapy in which they can
participate to assist the patient.
- Visits patients according to Plan of Treatment, completes a
progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHC
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the OT plan of
care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of
evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to
supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- Provides supervision of the OTA as per LHC policy.
- Prepares a written discharge summary and/or a written summary
report on the patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Conducts patient assessments evaluating the level of function
by applying diagnostic and prognostic functional ability
- Provides in-service education as requested by agency
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current Occupational Therapy licensure in state of
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
Keywords: LHC Group, Seattle , Occupational Therapist (Home Health), Other , Puyallup, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!