Vocational Case Manager - Seattle
Company: Alaris Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Paradigm is an accountable care management organization focused
on improving the lives of people with complex and catastrophic
injuries and diagnoses. We have been a pioneer in value-based care
since 1991, offering deep clinical expertise, high-value specialty
networks, behavioral health support, payment integrity solutions,
and robust data analytics to generate the very best outcomes for
patients, payers, and providers.
Paradigm is headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, with
offices across the U.S. For more information, please visit
We are seeking a Vocational Case Manager (VCM) to cover the
greater Seattle area. This individual assists individuals with the
job/career related effects of physical, psychological, or cognitive
impairments/disabilities which may have resulted from accidents,
illnesses, or injuries. The VCM follows a vocational rehabilitation
process to assist these individuals to overcome barriers to
accessing, maintaining, or returning successfully within their
local labor markets and workforce.
- Enjoy a robust support system - spend more time with injured
workers and less time on administrative tasks.
- Utilize custom software for a seamless and straightforward case
- Enjoy an award-winning culture with the stability and
opportunity of a national company. Paradigm Complex Care Solutions
routinely wins Top Workplace and Best and Brightest Companies
- Autonomy to manage your own schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule appointments and meet with client (injured worker),
family, insurance adjuster, medical providers, employer, attorney,
vendors, and potential future employers as needed and
- Assist and coordinate with return to work planning which may
include completing job descriptions or job analysis, assessing job
modifications, and identifying suitable gainful employment
- Coordinate with treatment providers to identify physical
capabilities and return to work readiness.
- May monitor return to work progress to ensure successful return
to work outcome.
- Complete Vocational Assessments by gathering and analyzing
medical, social, economic, education, employment history, work
capabilities, transferable skills, and labor market
- Develops knowledge of current job market to identify
- Complete vocational testing, score testing and interpret
- Develop Rehabilitation Plan/Case Management Plan specific to
client for success in overcoming barriers and re-entry to the
- Complete Labor market surveys.
- Provide job-seeking skill training and coaching including
resume development and interview training.
- Provide job development and job placement services.
- May provide loss of earning | wage loss opinions.
- May provide expert testimony.
- May identify and place client in transitional work
- Provide ongoing support and counseling to the client.
- Maintains required timely communication and updates to all
required parties involved with the client providing progress,
status, barriers, and action plans.
- Complete forms according to jurisdictional and/or industry
requirements and follows.
- Required to prepare organized reports within a specified
timeframe, per account guidelines documenting activities, efforts,
- Document all case activity in files.
- Complete ongoing educational requirements as required by
- Attend staff meetings and/or team calls.
- Master's degree in Rehabilitation Counseling and 1 year of
industrial insurance experience/worker's compensation industry. Or
Bachelor's degree ( Bachelor's degree (B.S., B.A.) required in
Rehabilitation Counseling or related field with course work in
rehabilitation philosophy, rehabilitation history, rehabilitation
ethics, medical aspects of disability, psychological aspects of
disability, job placement, occupational information, counseling
theory, personal and vocation adjustment, work evaluation) and 2
years of industrial insurance experience/worker's compensation
- Must meet state jurisdictional eligibility requirements for
performing the duties of a vocational case manager
- LRC, CRC, CCM, CDMS, CVE, ABVE, certification eligibility
required. Actual certification preferred, or as required by state
- Knowledge of Managed Care or Workers' Compensation
- Knowledgeable of state and local regulations
- Effective multi-tasking skills in a high-volume, fast-paced,
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis,
treatment and rehabilitation of physical and mental injury or
illness, and for career counseling and guidance
- Ability to interface professionally with claims staff, clients,
employers, attorneys, physicians and their representatives, and
advisors and coworkers.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Problem solving skills
- Completion of transferable skills analysis and application to
current labor market
- Vocational testing instruments, process and analysis
- Labor Market resources
- Occupational Information resources (i.e. O*Net, GOE, etc.)
- Ability to meet designated deadlines
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to
utilize MS Office including Excel, and Word.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
Keywords: Alaris Group, Seattle , Vocational Case Manager - Seattle, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!