Sr. Product Manager-Technical, Payment Processing
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Are you passionate about taking ideas from concept to scale?
Are you relentless in your pursuit of building great products
for customers, always wanting to push the boundaries?
Are you excited about working with a tightly-knit supportive
team with a shared vision for the future of global payments?
Join the Amazon Payment Services Product team! We are
revolutionizing payments for customers across the world, processing
billions of dollars in purchases in over 150 countries. We build
and operate the infrastructure that is a foundation for every
Amazon business. We power the most secure and trusted commerce
We are looking for a talented individual to join us as Senior
Product Manager (Technical), and connect with customers to help own
and drive strategy for a flagship product. In this role, you will
work with both internal business lines as well as external
customers, define the long term strategy, build out the product
roadmap, define product features and work closely with the
development teams to incorporate launch new products. You will have
the opportunity to work with a range of technical and business
teams to ccelerate Amazon's growth. It doesn't get bigger than
You are a good fit if:
- You have an instinctive understanding of a good product, and
can raise the bar on customer-focused thinking.
- You can dive into technical details and ask engineers
insightful questions about the services and systems you
- You understand the systems and technologies behind your
product, their limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions
and reasons for architectural decisions.
- You are a self-starter who is able to work in an environment of
high complexity and ambiguity, breaking down the big picture into
- You think long-term and can balance diverse and conflicting
customer needs, and converge on outcomes that earn customer
- You are able to communicate your ideas and vision through
well-researched working-backwards documents like Press Releases and
- You have persistence and grit, never hesitate to challenge the
status quo with data and metrics.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the lifecycle of technology products and features
(customer experience, vision, strategy).
- Influencing technical priorities and business strategy through
data-driven contributions, working directly with engineering
managers and principal engineers.
- Identifying new opportunities and potential customers that
align with product and strategic growth of the company.
- Driving product discussions, commissioning market research,
usability studies and focus groups.
- Developing product plans with clear measurable success
criteria, using mechanisms and metrics (KPIs, funnels, conversion,
- Evangelism, branding and marketing of the product.
Successful applicants will have experience defining products,
leading cross-functional teams, and communicating to a large number
of stakeholders. You'll also need to be able to communicate clearly
and effectively to all levels of the company, both in writing and
On this team, you'll get to wear many hats, work fast and smart,
and iterate quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to
take ownership of a strategic business priority and join a
tightly-knit team tackling a very interesting and challenging
Day to Day:
- Collaborate with internal Amazon businesses around the globe to
define solutions to serve their purchase experience and payment
- Work backwards from the customers and internal clients to
build, develop and manage the product road-map for your services
- Collaborate with, Sr. Engineers, Product Managers and Data
Scientists to bring new innovations to the platform
- Define, track and analyze metrics related to overall
performance, client metrics, operational metrics and service
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management,
product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around
technology decisions and strategy related to a product
Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or
equivalent technical experience
- 6+ years of software product management
- Proven experience identifying customer needs, inventing new
ways to meet those needs and translating them from use cases to
business and product requirements
- Proven track record of owning and delivering innovative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with
cross-functional technology project management experience
- Demonstrated strong quantitative data analysis and critical
thinking skills, with an ability to pull together disparate data
sets to solve ambiguous business problems
- Healthcare experience desired
- Expertise in technology development best practices, product
management tools and methodology
- MBA strongly preferred
- A unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture
vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms
a vision into a reality
- Payments, security or high volume transactions management
- Creative thinker and intellectually curious
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Seattle , Sr. Product Manager-Technical, Payment Processing, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!