Art Director - Kids & Toys
Company: Qurate Retail Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Every day, shoppers discover the unexpected at Zulily. New and
unique finds at prices they can brag about. For themselves, their
families and their homes. Zulily Creative is the in-house creative
org dedicated to crafting compelling brand stories for moms around
the world. Whether through copy, design, marketing or brand work,
we are the driving force behind delivering Zulily's dynamic story
to shoppers everywhere. Our mission is to deliver joy on a daily
basis, surprising and delighting our customers through new products
and experiences. Zulily Creative comprises the best and brightest
talent to execute market-leading creative strategy, writing,
design, video production, operations, digital, social media and
more. We leverage smart and rewarding external partnerships while
closely aligning with our internal teams. Together, we tackle every
creative challenge with our amplified strengths, delivering a fun
shopping experience with great products at unbeatable prices.
We are looking for an Art Director, who will lead and develop
visually compelling work for Zulily's retail experiences across
- You will partner with key stakeholders across the company- from
Merchandising and Marketing, to Tech- to develop campaigns for the
site, emails, and social to drive customer engagement.
- You will lead and contribute to each phase of the design
process: research, brainstorm, concept sketches, mood boards and
rationale write-ups, storyboards, wireframes and user-flows, design
layout, photo art direction, and more.
- You are a highly creative, problem solver with a
customer-centric mindset and a passion for great design.
- To thrive in this fast-paced environment, you must be an
organized, driven, self-starter with great communication skills and
attention to detail.
- Demonstrate visual storytelling through graphic design
(typography, composition, layout), illustration, and animation for
digital, print, and experiential mediums.
- Concept and develop seasonal and category style guides with
brand consistency, an impeccable attention to detail, and
innovation in mind.
- Own design responsibilities on projects, manage day-to-day
workflow while maintaining larger project timelines and
deliverables, and a high level of self-sufficiency - from beginning
design concept to end product.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across Zulily, as well
as external vendors and agency partners.
- Thoughtfully communicate, present, and gain buy-in on
conceptual ideas, design rationale and design details verbally and
in writing to key stakeholders and the executive leadership
- Lead through ambiguity by identifying roadblocks and taking
action to ensure project success.
- Manage and mentor designers and other creatives as appropriate
and take the lead with cross-functional creative teams on ideation
sessions and campaign execution.
- Understand and respond to performance data (metric tests,
usability studies) and develop creative strategies and
recommendations based on findings.
- Continually seek to grow skills and knowledge of best practices
and process improvements and share them with others.
- 7+ years of graphic design experience for web, mobile, and
print at an advertising agency, design studio, or in-house creative
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or equivalent.
- Experience directly managing others, or comparable
- Photo art direction experience for marketing and retail
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating online
retail and/or marketing programs and user-centered design
solutions, including photo art direction.
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills, including Photoshop,
Illustrator, InDesign, and ability to evaluate future tools for
- Expertise with typography, layout and color choice.
Demonstrated knowledge and ability to design for accessibility
- Strategic thinking skills with a strong bias for action and
results driven mindset.
- Thorough understanding of current web technologies and trends
as well as experience with mobile, apps and responsive design.
- Excellent communication, written, presentation, and
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a
fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while staying calm under
- High level of self-awareness of strengths/opportunities and
ownership of own personal development.
- Proactive problem solving, both technically and creatively as
well as an active interest in learning new tools and
The ideal candidate will have an expert understanding of the
trends in retail and digital marketing, plus:
- A passion for women-focused content and e-commerce, as well as
general advertising/marketing/design and trends in the creative
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and other coding languages
- Experience with video/motion design, including the use of Adobe
After Effects and/or Premiere Pro.
Keywords: Qurate Retail Group, Seattle , Art Director - Kids & Toys, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!