Research Technician II
Company: Benaroya Research
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position is responsible for providing technical laboratory
support for biomedical research projects performing both routine
and non-routine lab procedures. The Harrison Lab works to
understand the mechanisms controlling host-microbe interactions at
barrier sites such as the skin and gastrointestinal tract.
We study how our resident commensal microbes influence the
development, education and function of our immune system. To do so,
we utilize a multi-disciplinary approach combining development and
implementation of tools to track commensal-specific T and B cells
in healthy and inflamed tissues, with single-cell and population
level transcriptomics and epigenetic analyses of T and B cell
differentiation to investigate how the host mounts and regulates
immunity to the microbiome.
- Preparing laboratory reagents, chemicals, stocks, cultures and
- Basic molecular biology (cloning, plasmid isolation and
- Production and purification of proteins
- Working with mice, including immunization and surgeries if this
is the focus of the project.
- Preparing samples from human blood, stool and tissue using
- Maintain laboratory records by recording detailed data,
including photography and computer input, in a literate and
- Conduct lab inventory, complete purchase orders for hardware,
glassware, and supplies.
- Requires a BA/BS in a scientific field and a minimum of 2-3
years of progressively responsible work experience in a scientific
- Must have strong mathematical, computer, data analysis, and
statistical analysis skills.
- Will also need knowledge of proper operation of complex
laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Must have good verbal and writing skills, and have the ability
to work both independently and in a team environment.
- May require skill in animal surgery techniques.
- Successful completion and documentation of experiments
involving mammalian tissue culture and multiparameter flow
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship,
disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Benaroya Research, Seattle , Research Technician II, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!