Business Intelligence Engineer
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are new to Amazon Operations and are building up the team.
The Business Intelligence Engineer is responsible for driving deep
insights about the WW Operations Business and driving continuous
improvement using the analysis.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a proven
engineer, diligent task manager, communicator, and problem solver.
You will work on large, complex initiatives, deal with ambiguity
and advocate on behalf of the customers. Great candidates have the
ability to use data, analytics, and engineering to drive changes
themselves by acting on the outcomes.
Responsibilities may include:
- Drive the design, development, and maintenance of innovative
and scalable intelligence solutions across the organization, with
the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity.
- Develop domain expertise and drive major contributions to our
data and research roadmap. Leverage SQL, ETL, Kylin/Big data, and
other available tools to uncover deep business insights, trends,
and opportunities to innovate on behalf our customers.
- Partner with data engineering and SDEs to build best-in-class
data architecture and pipelines to support analytics needs.
- Translate ambiguous business problem statements into actionable
analytical solutions. Manage large scale data requests and projects
to define requirements, manage timelines, and coordinate activities
with other involved team members.
- Partner with scientists to translate business insights and
trends into experimentation and testing, and modeling.
- Mentor and develop other analytics team members.
- 3+ years of experience as an engineer in the data/BI space
- Experience working directly with business stakeholders to
translate between data and business needs
- Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight,
or similar tools
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with ETL tools, creating data pipelines
- Experience in Relational and Dimensional Datamodelling
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics,
Econometrics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering,
closely related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills,
including an ability to effectively communicate with business
leaders and technical teams
- Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science,
Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or a related
- Proven ability to solve complex quantitative business
- Proficiency with at least one modern scripting language (e.g.
- 3 years+ data visualization and dashboarding experience
- Basic proficiency with statistical modeling, research methods,
and machine learning applications
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and
complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Seattle , Business Intelligence Engineer, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!