Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Amazon Web Services seeks an experienced Business Intelligence
Engineer (BIE) to join the AWS Finance BI(FinBI) team. The team is
made of up Data Engineers, BIEs and tool developers. This team is
building several platform solutions for all of AWS Finance to help
invent and simplify on behalf of the customers. In this
organization every day is Day 1 and no projects are the same. In
this role you'll own solution designing, customer engagement and
full end to end development on products. Some technologies used in
the roll will be S3,Redshift, ETL, ETL automation, ad-hoc reporting
with tools like QuickSight and IBM Cognos Analytics, and long term
analytical projects that will affect the effectiveness of the FinBI
team and the customer. You'll work with multiple AWS Finance
Stakeholders and Functions, and will work with multiple sources on
a wide range of data technologies developing the next generation of
The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with
ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and the ability to work
in a fast-paced environment. You will consult, design, build and
manage analytical projects with your customer in mind. You should
have a strong expertise and proven success in the design, creation,
management, and business use of extremely large datasets. You
should be experienced at designing, implementing, and operating
stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production
systems into the data warehouse and into end-user facing
applications or reports. Above all you should be passionate about
inventing on behalf of your customers while learning new solutions
to answer business questions to drive tangible change.
Duties & responsibilities for this role will include:
- The successful candidate will demonstrate good business acumen,
experience in developing reports and conducting analysis, strong
communication skills, an ability to work effectively with cross
functional teams, and an ability to work in an ever-changing
- Interfacing with business customers to gather data and metrics
requirements, then driving analytic projects which will help solve
- Design, implement, and support key datasets that provide
structured and timely access to actionable business
- Perform deep-dives to find the root causes behind variances of
- Experience working in a very large data warehouse environment
and multi data sources.
- Analyzing data and driving insights related to operation and
- Build data pipelines for the customers to self-serve very
- Investigate and implement new big data technologies to provide
automatic resolutions to address stakeholder needs.
- BA/BS in Analytics, MIS, Computer Science, Engineering,
Statistics, Mathematics or related field.
- 3+ years' experience as a BIE, data scientist, data engineer or
similar job function with a technology company.
- A history of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves
to get the job done.
- Demonstrated strength in SQL, data modeling, ETL development,
and data warehousing.
- Advanced skills in data visualization tools like Quicksight,
Tableau or Cognos Solutions.
- Understanding of Finance concepts is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Python/Java or similar coding languages is
- Familiarity with AWS solutions such as Redshift, S3, EC2,
Quicksight is a plus but not required.
- Ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them
to the stakeholders and senior management.
- Have ability to independently influence and drive outputs, meet
deadlines, and set clear expectations and road-maps.
- Advanced Degrees in Analytical, MIS, Computer Science,
Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or 5+ years in related
- Experience in end to end projects involving complex data sets
and high variability.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal
skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business
and technical teams.
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive data.
- Design and develop data infrastructure to support business
- Ability to coach and grow team-members is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Seattle , BI Engineer, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!