Group Fitness Instructor
Company: UFC Gym
Posted on: June 12, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY: The UFC GYM Group Fitness Instructor leads a
group of participants through a series of movements and exercises
using music as the basis of rhythmic exercise. The Group Fitness
Instructor is responsible for conducting safe, effective exercise
classes and assisting participants in achieving exercise goals
while creating a fun workout environment for all participants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and develop a variety of exercise routines, choose
appropriate music and choreograph different movements appropriate
for each class.
- Lead the class by performing the workout along with the
participants who follow your lead.
- Incorporate use of cuing, tempo and safe transitional movements
from one exercise to another.
- Instruct group exercise format according to class schedule and
adhering to company standard.
- Greet and encourage new participants and orient them to
- Educate participants on proper form, anatomy, contraindications
and modification of moves when needed.
- Explain and enforce safety rules and proper usage of exercise
equipment used during the class.
- Motivate participants and provide instruction in maintaining
exertion levels in order to maximize benefits from the exercise
- Monitor participation and make necessary adjustments when
- Arrive on time to prep, set-up and greet participants. Start
and end class on time, as scheduled.
- Greet members warmly and enthusiastically and build rapport
with participants. Answer questions and maintain a positive
- Communicate member concerns to the Group Fitness Manager when
- Project a professional image through dress, behavior and
- Encourage long-term participation and member retention.
- Store all equipment neatly and appropriately. Report any
equipment or safety issues to the Group Fitness Manager, Operations
Manager and/or General Manager.
- Accurately and promptly record hours worked on ClubReady and
time and attendance system.
- Operate the stereo sound system, microphone and room
- Secure substitute instructors for assigned shifts that cannot
- Promote special events and other classes/services offered at
- Suggest special events to the Group Fitness Manager to
encourage more participation from members.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: The Group Fitness Instructor reports
to the Area Group Fitness Manager. This position may interact with
all levels of management and staff within Corporate and Field
offices, in the clubs, and within the Fitness team.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Knowledge of safe exercise technique and principles.
- General understanding of human anatomy and kinesiology.
- Knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies and the
incorporation of music, tempo, cuing technique and rhythm.
- Possess a high degree of energy and endurance to complete each
- Ability to communicate and connect with diverse group of
individuals of all age groups and fitness levels.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate skills being taught to
- Ability to provide clear instruction when needed.
Minimum certifications/educational level:
- Current Group Fitness approved certification (preferred).
- Additional training in specialty formats may be required.
- Must be able to stand for up to 7 hours a day.
- Must be able to regularly lift heavy weights, squat, bend,
reach, and spot.
- Must be able to frequently lift and /or moves up to 45+
- Must be physically fit to lead the class at the appropriate
Keywords: UFC Gym, Seattle , Group Fitness Instructor, Other , Puyallup, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!