A Senior Engineer is part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology
professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social
principles to design, build, and maintain technology products,
devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and
solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the
needs of the business. The scope, responsibility and accountability
is at the solution level.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be collaborating with engineers
to build and support inventory deployment tools to support the
inventory to be available on time, at the right place for the
customers. With the changing retail space, you will be working on
enabling new features and delivering new tools. You will be
building new features in a cloud-based architecture using oops/db
concepts in an agile, collaborative environment. You will be
directly working with business partners to innovate and design for
changing retail environment. You will need a strong passion to
innovate and collaborate across teams to deliver a multi-channel
solution for our business partners.
A day in the life
- Responsible for feature design; evaluate designs and provide
- Influence quality standards and understand, identify, measure
across entire solution
- Identify performance issues and optimize solutions
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of security coding practices and
secure system fundamentals
- Understand security protocols, interpret security and
You own this if you have
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in CS, Engineering
- 4+ years professional experience in practice area
- Proficient in analyzing, designing and developing reliable and
- Proficient in more than 1 Object Oriented language such as
Java, C#, C++ etc.
- Proven track record in Java and Java Spring boot
- Experience with SQL database will be a plus.
- Experience with RESTful architecture and micro-services.
- Experience with cloud-based services (AWS/GCP)
- Experience with containerization (K8/Docker) and will be a plus
if familiar with real-time data streaming (Kafka/Flink/SQS).
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Should be able to articulate and architecture a well-designed
- Provide guidance and oversight for implementation and delivery
of a feature.
- Collaborate with other engineers and leads on feature design
and delivery to business users.
- Provide mentoring to other developers and engineers on best
Champions and identifies design improvements; makes
recommendations to close gaps and build alignment
We've got you covered
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected
in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits
to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities
and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be
additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or
accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which
can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click
the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.