Aerospace - Polisher - 1st Shift (Monday - Friday 7am - 3:30pm)
Company: Skills Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
As part of our recent growth, we are seeking an experienced
Polisher to join our team. The ideal candidate will blend
mismatches and breaks edges per drawing and specification
requirements using hand and power tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Position part (s) on worktable, or by hand into the polishing
- Must be able to work the surface of the part around the
polishing wheel by hand to obtain the proper finish on the part
- Operator must be able to follow finish samples to obtain the
proper grain on the surface of the part.
- Deburr, sand, hand-scrape and mechanical-polish parts.
- Utilize production work orders, documents, drawings, and
specifications, written or oral instructions to perform tasks
necessary to meet production requirements.
- Identify and report defective equipment, materials, and faulty
operations to lead/supervisor.
- Follow prescribed work rules and standard safety regulations at
- Inspect parts for conformity to specifications.
- Maintain written and Visual Manufacturing records.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and increased
- Experience using basic hand tools.
- Ability to follow written instructions and to do repetitive
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Ability to identify, organize, estimate and recognize
differences or similarities.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole
numbers; knowledge of decimal measurements in ten thousandths.
- Ability to read, write, communicate and/or follow written and
verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to communicate in English through voice, or American
Sign Language or adaptive technology.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
ITAR US PERSON STATUS
Due to Skills Inc.'s participation in the defense industry,
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requires that
access to sensitive information and material pertaining to defense
and military related technologies may only be accessed, viewed or
shared by US Persons as defined by law.
A "US Person" can be a US citizen; a lawful permanent legal
resident or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are
representative of those that must be met by the employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift or move up to 15 lbs. constantly and 25 lbs.
- Constant periods of standing.
- Constant ability to reach with hands and arms; use
hands/fingers to manipulate, handle, or feel material.
- Constant ability to grasp vibrating hand tools.
- Constant exposure to vibration.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and
ability to focus.
- Occasional use of Industry standard personal protective
equipment (PPE) required.
- Occasional exposure to indoor manufacturing environment.
- Constant exposure to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or
- Constant exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Constant exposure to moderate noise.
- Constant (5-8 hrs. /shift)
- Frequent (2-5 hrs. /shift)
- Occasional (Up to 2 hrs. /shift)
EEO and ADA STATEMENT
Skills Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our
company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and
affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, sex, age, gender identity, marital
status, military status, genetic information, or any other basis
protected by local, state, or federal law. Skills Inc. complies
with all relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA).
ABOUT SKILLS INC. Skills Inc. is a self-supporting Social
Enterprise and is organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit. We have
four lines of business; Aerospace Manufacturing, Aerospace
Finishing, Technical Services, and Business Solutions, that operate
in 4 locations. Skills Inc. employs over 600 people and our social
mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities. We
accomplish our mission three ways; direct hire, vocational programs
and services, and as a resource to the community.
Keywords: Skills Inc., Seattle , Aerospace - Polisher - 1st Shift (Monday - Friday 7am - 3:30pm), Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!