Simulation Technology Specialist Clinical - RN Residency
Company: Swedish Health Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Simulation Technology
Specialist Clinical Education (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to work in RN
Residency at Swedish Shared Services in Seattle, WA.
Working under the direction of the Learning Operations and
Delivery Manager and with the Simulation Program Manager, the
Simulation Technology Specialist will operate simulation equipment
and technology during healthcare simulation scenarios within the
Swedish Simulation Center and in patient care areas at Swedish
Medical Center campuses. In addition, the Technology Specialist
will manage the organization of supplies, preparation for
simulation activities, maintenance of the center and equipment
including manikins, computers, hospital equipment and space. Some
administrative duties may include managing communication tools,
data collection and collation, preparation of educational
materials, acquisition of supplies, tracking and scheduling of
supplies and equipment.
In this position you will:
- Programs and tests software to model simulators' (computerized
manikins) physiological responses to instructor
- Operates, maintains, and repairs computerized manikins
(software and hardware), task trainers, and related multimedia
- Provides technical assistance regarding manikin operation.
- Conducts audio/visual recording and transfer to archival format
- Coordinates props placement and set up to create a virtual
healthcare setting, and take down/cleaning of simulation and
- Participates in simulation role-playing under the direction of
- Manages acquisition of supplies, tracking and scheduling of
supplies and equipment.
- Manages communication tools, data collection and collation and
prepares educational materials.
- Coordinates simulation and technology equipment for local
- Responsible for overall organization of supplies for all
education events and general space organization
- If appropriately trained, may observe staff for competency
- Other duties as assigned.
Required qualification for this position include:
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Advanced Degree in Technology or Health-related field
- 2 years of experience working directly with simulation
- Experience with healthcare simulation and/or knowledge or
- CHSOS Certification
About Swedish Shared Services:
Swedish is the largest, most comprehensive, nonprofit health
provider in the Greater Seattle area. Our expanding network of
facilities currently includes three hospital locations in Seattle,
a hospital in Edmonds and the new Swedish Issaquah campus. It also
consists of Swedish Medical Group's network of primary care
clinics, and affiliations with suburban hospitals and specialty
clinics throughout Greater Seattle.
Each campus has a local operations leadership team, supported by
centrally located and led corporate services, such as Human
Resources, Financial and Information Services.
Keywords: Swedish Health Services, Seattle , Simulation Technology Specialist Clinical - RN Residency, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!