Company: Tractor Supply
Location: Maple Valley
Posted on: July 16, 2021
be at least 18 years of age.
position is responsible for interacting with customers and team
members, supporting selling initiatives and performing assigned
tasks, while providing legendary customer service.
As a Team Member, it is essential that you
be available, flexible, adaptable and service-oriented, as you must
be able to fulfill all of the the following requirements:
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Work scheduled shifts and have the ability to work varied
hours, days, nights, weekends and overtime as dictated by business
- Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (GURA):
- Greet the Customer
- Uncover the Customers' needs
- Recommend products
- Ask for the Sale
- Team Members are required to perform a combination of the
following duties during 95 percent of their day. Although the mix
may vary from one day to another, our business and staffing model
makes it essential that every Team Member be able to
perform all of the
following duties accurately, efficiently and safely on a regular
basis and without advance notice:
- Operate cash register/computer following cash handling
procedures as established by Tractor Supply Company
- Recovery of merchandise
- Participate in mandatory freight process
- Complete Plan-o-gram procedures (merchandising, sets, and
- Assemble merchandisePerform janitorial duties
- Execute price changes/markdowns
- Operate Forklift
- Operate Cardboard Baler
- Assist customers with loading purchases
- Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job
- Team Members also may be required to perform other duties as
Experience: No experience
required. Retail experience and/or farming, ranching, pet/equine,
or welding knowledge is strongly preferred.
Education: A high school diploma
or equivalent is preferred, but not required. Regardless of
education level, Team Members must be able to read, write and count
Other knowledge, skills or
- Farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues
ethically and with minimal conflict.
- Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with
moderate noise. Indoor floors and outdoor lots generally are hard
surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperature are
adequate. Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather
- Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are
no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours.
- Promote a safe and productive work environment for Team Members
and customers and adhere to Company safety training and
Physical and Mental Requirements
The Team Member position is non-sedentary.
It is essential that Team Members have the physical and mental
stamina and ability to move throughout the store and outdoor areas
quickly and safely; to operate all equipment related to their job
duties efficiently, safely, properly and accurately; and to provide
the highest level of customer service. Team members must have the
physical and mental ability to perform all of the following tasks
(with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50
pounds, throughout the store.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with
the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend,
stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including
selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a
store (e.g. dolly, handtruck, forklift, baler, computer, cash
register) (forklift and baler requirements do not apply if under
the age of 18).
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer,
cash register, and other store equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication
skills to communicate effectively with team members and
- Ability to process information / merchandise through the
- Ability to successfully complete training and certification to
dispense propane, and to dispense propane (propane certification
and dispensing requirement does not apply if under the age of
- Ability to successfully complete all required training.
This job description represents an
overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position.
It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of
responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as
assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Supply Company (TSCO), the largest
rural lifestyle retailer in the United States, is dedicated to
enhancing our strong company culture built on our Team Members’
commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,900 stores
in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply
ranks in the Fortune 400 with annual revenues of more than $8
billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve
those who live “Life out Here”!
Click Here to See Why We are a Great
Place to Work!
Tractor Supply Company
offers a competitive Benefits package, including Medical, Dental, &
Vision plans, to all Full-time Team Members as well as Part-time
Team Members who are deemed eligible based on a minimum hours
requirement. In addition, TSC offers access to other Benefits such
as a Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, 401(k), and an
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Keywords: Tractor Supply, Seattle , Retail Associate, Other , Maple Valley, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!