Medical Assistant, Urgent Care (Part-Time)
Posted on: July 16, 2021
This position is eligible for a $3,000 sign on bonus!
The Urgent Care Clinic at Northgate is seeking a Medical
Assistant to join their team part-time to work in an office setting
in Seattle, WA.
28 hours per week; Days/Hours TBD. Clinic is open 7 days per
The Medical Assistant functions as an integral member of the team
and is responsible for providing clinical support to the provider’s
practice by assisting in the coordination and delivery of patient
care. The MA’s communication, conduct and performance should
support the Polyclinic’s efforts in becoming a High Performance
The MA is responsible for and not limited to:
- Greet customers into the practice and provide instruction
and/or direction as necessary both on the phone and in person.
- Obtain vital signs.
- Administer approved medications outlined by WAC under
- Repeat patient concerns and relay physician
- Document patient care activities in the electronic
- Assist the provider in procedures and
- Schedule and coordinate all patient appointments as
- Maintain an organized and clean work area, free of
- Maintain clean exam rooms.
- Stock and prepare exam rooms daily.
- Practice safety and OSHA regulations in regards to biohazard
waste and non-biohazard waste.
- Complete all documentation and records with accuracy as
directed or necessary for the patient’s care.
- Order and maintain the inventory, and stock in the area
according to the policies and procedures established by the
Practice Management Dept. and Central Supply.
- Meet or exceed the performance measures established by the PM
- Follow established policy and procedures related to the
- Participate and contribute in a team-based
- Maintain a team supportive attendance record.
- Understand and deliver quality care and service consistent with
the Polyclinic’s efforts in becoming a High Performance
- Follow OSHA/WISHA (including usage of PPE) guidelines.
- Follow HIPAA regulations.
- Adapt and perform effectively in a continuously changing
environment, and in occasional difficult situations.
- Communication, conduct and dress portray a professional quality
at all times.
Preferred Experience and Credentials:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of a medical assistant program or completion of
military medical corpsman program.
- One to two years experience as a medical assistant,
- Current Medical Assistant – Certified credential in Washington
State or current Interim Medical Assistant – Certified permit in
- Required to obtain Medical Assistant – Certified credential in
Washington State prior to the interim permit expiration date.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Occasional long periods of sitting, phone work and
- Requires good vision and hearing.
- Close working environment shared with other staff.
- Fast paced environment.
- May require lifting patients (i.e. assisting patients from
wheelchair to exam tables).
- Ability to problem-solve patient medical and non-medical
problems under physician direction.
- Understand and perform multi-tasking.
- Good command of the English language.
- Possess critical thinking skills to assist him or her in making
decisions in prioritizing daily activities related to the
- Possess and use good oral and written communication
- Possess ability to manage conflict.
- Possess proficient computer skills operating in a windows based
- Work effectively both independently and in a team.
- Ability to operate office equipment i.e. fax, copier…etc..
- Perform venipuncture and EKG’s.
- Understanding in pharmacology.
Employees are required to screen for symptoms using an approved
symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order
to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any
state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a worksite
building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where
physical distancing cannot be attained.
Interested in learning more? Let’s talk about our
opportunities and your career growth!
Keywords: Optum, Seattle , Medical Assistant, Urgent Care (Part-Time), Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!