The First Hill Surgery Center is seeking a Perioperative
Registered Nurse to join their team on a full-time basis to work in
an ambulatory surgery center setting in Seattle, WA.
4/8's; 32 hours per week | Variable Days
First Hill Surgery Center
The RN functions as an integral member of the team and is
responsible for providing personalized patient care in the
peri-operative setting. The RN’s communication, conduct and
performance should support the ASC efforts in becoming a High
The RN is responsible for and not limited to:
• Provide nursing care in the peri-operative setting (pre op,
phase 1, phase 2).
• Ability to safely care for patients from pediatrics to
geriatrics in a high volume/fast-paced environment.
• Maintain a clean, neat and efficient working environment.
• Perform ECG, urine pregnancy, glucometer, I-stat
testing/lab draws, bladder scan, insertion of PIV as
• Manage patient’s admission to the ASC, recovery, and
discharge from the ASC.
• Assess the status of the patient in pre op and ensure
patient identification is accurate.
• Ensure patients consents are accurate and
• Assess pre-operative vital signs to ensure they are
within acceptable parameters for scheduled the surgical
• Perform an initial assessment on arrival in the
• Manage patient’s airways to include airway adjunct
• Plan and document in the EHR (EPIC).
• Administer narcotic and non-narcotic medication per
• Prepare and assist anesthesia provider with patients
• Manage emergency situations and provide effective
resuscitation using bag/valve/mask.
• Follow established policies and procedures related to
• Prepare patients for discharge and provide discharge
• Understand and deliver quality customer service
consistent with the FHSC efforts in becoming a High Performance
• Follow HIPPAA regulations.
• Adapt and perform effectively in a continuously changing
• Coordinate the patients transition through the peri-operative
• Maintain a team supportive attendance record.
• Communication, conduct and dress to portray a
professional quality at all times and are in compliance with the
ASC appropriate surgical attire policy.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the
Preferred Experience and Credentials:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Washington State license
- BLS, ACLS and PALS required
- Experience working as an RN in a surgical setting for at
least one year preferred
- Requires good vision and hearing
- Fast paced environment
- May require lifting and or transferring
- May require extended/closing shifts which entails staying
late until the last patient leaves the ASC
- Flexibility to work in Pre Op, Phase 1 and Phase 2
- Must have ICU, ED, PACU or Pre Op experience
- Understand and perform multi-tasking.
- Good command of the English language.
- Possess critical thinking skills to assess, prioritize
and problem solve patient care concerns.
- Possess and use good oral and written communication
- Possess ability to manage conflict.
- Possess proficient computer skills operating in a windows
based environment and electronic medical record (EPIC).
- Work independently.
- Work effectively as a team member.
Employees are required to screen for symptoms using an approved
symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order
to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any
state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a worksite
building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where
physical distancing cannot be attained.
Interested in learning more? Let’s talk about our
opportunities and your career growth!