Medical Assistant- Endoscopy
Posted on: July 19, 2021
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus!
Hours: Full Time; Monday – Friday; 4 ten hour shifts;
Specific Days & Times TBD
Location: The Polyclinic 1145 Broadway
The Polyclinic is actively
seeking Medical Assistants (MAs) in
Reprocess, store and maintain endoscopy scopes/equipment and
order supplies/linen/equipment to ensure
the Endoscopy Center is fully equipped for patient procedures. This
position also requires front office check in,
assisting the physician and RN during the procedure and with
procedure set up and room turn over, unit and equipment cleaning
and documenting into the patient record/EMR.
- Prepare supplies and equipment for
- Endoscope cleaning, high level disinfection and
- Responsible for procedure equipment set up and orchestrating
what scopes need to be used when, where and by whom.
- Monitors, orders, stocks and maintains supplies, linen,
equipment and/or instruments.
- Support physicians, CRNAs and RNs by assisting in procedure
rooms including set up and turn over.
- Support nursing staff by assisting with room turnover and
- Perform check in procedures and clerical duties at the front
desk and throughout the unit.
- Work as a team member within the endoscopy center and with all
other Polyclinic departments.
- Supports and upholds established department policies,
procedures, objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental
and infection control and codes and requirements of accreditation
and regulatory agencies.
- Participates in quality improvement activities; assists in
maintaining compliance with accreditation and other internal and
external regulatory standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma required
- Active BCLS/CPR certification for health care providers
- Active Certified Medical Assistant license in the state of
- Previous endoscopy
- One year previous hospital or medical office experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Exhibits a caring, collaborative and compassionate manner
- Strong typing and computer skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to problem solve technical equipment and
- Able to adapt to unpredictable situations within the patient
Keywords: Optum, Seattle , Medical Assistant- Endoscopy, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!