Data Analyst Engineer: SDET with VBA (Seattle)
Company: American Family Insurance
Posted on: July 20, 2021
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an
organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences
matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to
growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation
that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in
ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and
employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide
opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a
new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next,
you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts
with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team.
Bring your dreams.
R22510 Data Analyst Engineer: SDET with VBA (Seattle) (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your
geographic work location.
Compensation Minimum:$76,500Compensation Maximum:$122,400
Data Analyst Engineer (SDET) with VBA
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will help design,
develop, maintain quality test tools and frameworks to continually
support and extend the test capabilities of our quality engineering
teams. The candidate should have proven track record in a
fast-paced IT department utilizing an offshore model. We are
looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, focused, and diligent
individual who has a real passion for quality engineering,
development, and data analytics skills. This person should have a
combination of in-depth knowledge of Visual Basic for Applications,
MS Excel, and MySQL.
The role requires an individual who is responsive, responsible,
detail-focused, and self-motivated to help diagnose and fix issues.
Responsibilities will extend to providing solutions to support
other organizations outside of engineering, like Product,
Operations, and Actuaries. External and internal team
collaborations are required.
Other roles and responsibilities will include, but not be
- Build new tools, processes using advanced excel functions,
Excel VBA and MySQL database
- Build and manage premium calculation tool by developing
solutions in excel and utilizing MySQL for data management
- Develop, run and troubleshoot new and existing macro scripts.
Determine if there is a viable macro solution for a project, and
make simple and complex macro modifications
- Maintain MySQL premium calculation tool including tables,
queries, Macros and Visual Basic for application modules, and
develop enhancements as needed
- Maintain MS Excel premium calculation tool including Visual
Basic for Applications modules and Pivot tables, developing
enhancements as needed
- Compile, organize, and reconcile data between Excel and My SQL
- Work with extended teams to design algorithms and
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing tools
- Recommend and execute improvements to tools
- Collaborate with a globally distributed team
- Operate independently, flexibly, proactively and have a flair
- 5+ years of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) software
development experience in MS Excel
- 3+ years of My SQL database experience
- 3+ years of advanced Excel development experience creating
tools with complex designs and advanced calculations (business
logic and data processing)
- Experience building and managing Macro content across multiple
spreadsheets and workbooks
- Ability to demonstrate the integration of macros written into
usable excel controls, buttons and menus
- Experience in Property and Casualty Insurance, Rating and
Premium calculation will be added advantage
- SAS tools experience
- Python/Java script experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent, in computer science,
engineering, or a related field
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service
- Basic knowledge and understanding of integration and migration
strategies and technologies.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of application architecture,
design alternatives, and development standards.
- Demonstrated experience developing complex software/systems
using one or more programming language.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting, modifying and writing
application system design and program specifications.
- Demonstrated experience using and supporting integration and
communications technologies between applications, databases and
- Demonstrated experience using relational databases and standard
query language (SQL).
- Solid knowledge and understanding of systems development life
- Solid knowledge and understanding of activities, tasks, tools
and techniques for testing applications to ensure adherence to
functional and quality requirements.
Additional Job Information:
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that
support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will
have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing
benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer
a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual
incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student
loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to
support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent
workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!
Keywords: American Family Insurance, Seattle , Data Analyst Engineer: SDET with VBA (Seattle), Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!