IT Infrastructure Senior Director
Posted on: July 22, 2021
Our team is growing and we are seeking a Senior Director, IT
Infrastructure, who will be responsible for the overall management,
strategy, and operations of our existing IT infrastructure as well
as ensuring we support the Company’s future IT needs relative to
strategy and growth. We are looking for a relationship builder who
is excited about working with our employee groups ranging from our
project and field teams to our executive leadership teams to
identify how we can provide the best IT support possible.
This position will lead both Operational Excellence and Customer
Service areas for our IT organization. This position specifically
develops, leads, and manages technology infrastructure, network
communications, user support and provides necessary project
management of IT-related system implementations. In addition, this
position is responsible for developing and mentoring a highly
effective team across multiple technology disciplines, helping us
to elevate our programs. Your expertise will help us to leverage
existing technologies to best serve the business and to get the
most out of the investment, and replacing or consolidating
under-performing technologies and systems.
- This position will be located onsite at our new Corporate
Office in Thornton, Colorado (just north of Denver).
- We offer relocation assistance for this position!
With roots dating to 1891 and 7,200+ employees, MYR Group Inc.
(MYR Group) is a publicly traded holding company of specialty
electrical construction companies. MYR Group and our subsidiaries
provide large-scale electrical construction services throughout the
U.S. and western Canada. The following values guide and inspire us
and help to shape our behavior and culture: Safety, Respect,
Responsiveness, Creativity, Integrity, Initiative, and Teamwork. We
are contributing to a clean energy future while fostering a safe,
supportive, and inclusive work environment. Our culture is built on
shared values and mutual respect, where teamwork and collaboration
Throughout our history, we have partnered with utilities, power
companies, commercial clients, and developers to deliver some of
the largest electrical infrastructure, notable commercial and
industrial, and renewable energy projects. We are consistently
recognized as one of the top five specialty electrical construction
firms by Engineering News Record. Our efforts and accomplishments
received worldwide recognition as we were named to Fortune’s 2020
list of 100 Fastest-Growing Companies.
- Build a highly effective, high-performing team across multiple
locations and technologies, including Service Desk, Service
Delivery, Networking, Communications, Server and Storage Management
- Lead the team in developing and deploying infrastructure
solutions with an emphasis on Service Delivery and consolidating
infrastructure across the enterprise.
- Develop an effective project management strategy, implement
techniques, and mentor the team in the discipline.
- Develop and implement change management policies to reduce risk
and minimize negative impact to the business.
- Develop strategic partnerships and alliances with functional
leadership across the organization to ensure that technology
solutions are effective and in alignment with functional and
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to assist in documenting
needs, developing effective solutions, and creating business
- Develop and mentor team leaders.
- Responsible for the overall development of team members,
developing their skills, their continuing education/training, and
developing their career paths.
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies and exploring new
trends and how they can be applied to current and future business
- Develop strategic partnerships and alliances with vendors.
- Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for
both staff and strategic partners.
- Ensure technical problems are resolved in a timely and
- Develop, monitor, and report on departmental technology's key
- Evaluate the effectiveness, efficiency, and costs of existing
technology and systems, research new or alternative solutions, and
make recommendations to senior management as appropriate.
- Ensure that investments in technology are appropriate to the
needs of the business, the developments in the industry and that
they produce satisfactory returns.
- Prioritize, assign, and manage a portfolio of technology
projects in support of business goals; ensure delivery of projects
within time and cost limitations.
- Incorporate best practices to improve existing methods and
- Essential functions of this position are to be performed in a
company-designated office or field location
- Understand and comply with the company’s Code of Business
Ethics Policy and other industry-specific professional and ethical
standards, if applicable
- 15 years of progressive IT or technology experience is required
with progressive prior people leader experience is
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field is
required; combination of relevant education and experience
considered in lieu of degree.
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time for business purposes,
within North America.
- Proven track record of success as a people leader and mentor,
including leading direct reports who have direct reports.
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience in most aspects
of infrastructure, security, telephony, and cloud services.
- Experience working with business partners to determine needs
and develop appropriate technical solutions/responses to solve
- Experience with integrating acquisitions into existing
corporate IT infrastructure and systems.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple ongoing projects and
responsibilities to meet business technology needs.
- Familiarity with Office 365 suite of collaboration tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
($150,000-$180,000), plus participation in our annual incentive
program, with weekly pay via direct deposit. Posted salary
ranges are made in good faith. MYR Group reserves the right to
adjust ranges depending on the qualifications of the selected
Assistance is available for this role!
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Medical and Basic Vision Combined – Low deductibles and
- $15 weekly premium for employee-only & employee plus family
- Dental – 100% employer-paid
- Flexible spending accounts
- Company-paid short and long-term disability
- Company-paid life and accidental death & dismemberment
- Company-paid business travel accident insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Various voluntary plans available including supplemental
vision, accident, and critical illness, ID theft, group legal,
group auto & home, and additional voluntary life insurance plans
for employee and dependents
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- 100% match up to 6%; immediate vesting
- Annual profit-sharing potential
- Paid time off
- PTO starting at 15 days annually
- Holidays (8 per year)
- Superior educational assistance program
Position may be subject to pre-employment screening, which
may include background check and drug testing. Accessibility: If
you need an accommodation as part of the employment process,
contact our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries are proud to be
Equal Opportunity Employers. We promote diversity of thought,
culture, and background, which connects our family of brands. We
are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and
respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are
merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin,
military service status, or other protected characteristics. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees.
MYR Group does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States for any employer.
MYR Group and our subsidiaries do not work with any
third-party recruiters or agencies without a valid signed
agreement. All communication regarding candidates, submissions, and
job openings must be done with through the corporate Talent
Acquisition team only. Any violation of these terms may disqualify
new agreements or terminate any existing agreement with MYR Group,
Keywords: MYRGroupHarlan120225061802, Seattle , IT Infrastructure Senior Director, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!