Business Development Manager, Architectural Products-Seattle
Company: HNI Corporation
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Allsteel, an industry leader in office
furniture design and manufacturing, and a top brand in the
HNI Corporation enterprise, is in search of a
Business Development Manager supporting Architectural
Products to join our team in Seattle!
As a Business Development Manager for Architectural Products,
you will support Allsteel’s direct selling effort focused on
securing and managing movable wall opportunities. You will
work with architects and designers, Allsteel Dealer Partners, end
users, and the Allsteel sales team to develop and close wall
business in the territory. Success will be measured by
movable wall revenue generated within the territory.
Some of the essential aspects of the
- Identify and develop sales leads for new business.
- Lead the development, planning, and execution of our sales and
marketing strategies directed at prospective wall end users and
- Develop and maintain relationships with key influencers, dealer
partners, end users, and Allsteel members.
- Perform needs analysis with customer and influencer to provide
wall solutions, utilizing the tools and resources provided.
- Work across the sales organization, including Dealer Sales
Representatives, A&D Representatives, Strategic Accounts, and
Business Development Managers to achieve sales goals.
- Manage, oversee, and generate sales activities within region of
responsibility. Identify, track, and manage potential
- Serve as a conduit between marketing, field sales, and
architectural products support team for sales related issues and
- Introduce client decision-makers to the benefits, products, and
services of Allsteel.
- Convert client location currently utilizing competitive
products to Allsteel products.
- Identify and inform field sales force (Account Managers,
Business Development Managers, A&D Representatives, Government
Account Managers, and/or Region Managers) of business development
opportunities within client organizations.
- Coordinate communication among Allsteel departments to ensure
business results in a timely, cost-effective manner.
What it takes:
Primary working location will be in an office environment where low
volume noise is on-going.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in consultative sales environment
- Previous Architectural products sales experience
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Knowledge of office environment issues and general business
- Ability to identify and positively influence key decision
makers and influencers.
- Unsurpassed communication and presentation skills,
organization, and customer (internal and external) support
- Positive attitude and a commitment to professionalism,
integrity, and sound judgment.
- Ability to successfully interact across business functions,
from Allsteel HQ, to the field sales members and independent
- Demonstrated ability to lead change, handle multiple projects
in a fast-paced environment, and ability to enhance culture and
- Strong individual performer with a team orientation.
- Regionally based with in market experience
- Sitting/standing at work station for up to the entire scheduled
- Majority of office time spent on a computer system.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift sample product into car/truck
- No special safety equipment is needed.
- Frequent travel required
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI), is a $2.3
billion-dollar, global office furniture and hearth product
enterprise. Our furniture brands are among the strongest,
most widely known in the industry, including HON, Allsteel,
Gunlocke, HBF, Maxon, and OFM. The depth and
breadth of our brands, the scale and capability of our
manufacturing, and the strength of our distribution enables us to
provide the best office furniture solutions to meet the needs of
The fourth largest employer in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been
ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the “Top 100
Best Managed Companies in the World”, by Fortune magazine
as “The Most Admired Company” in the furniture industry; and named
by Chief Executive Magazine as one of the world’s best
companies for leadership development.
Allsteel, headquartered in Muscatine,
Iowa and recently named as an “Iowa Top Workplace”, is a leading
brand of HNI Corporation. At Allsteel, we believe that our
office furniture products should address and solve workplace
problems. Our furniture is made to improve productivity, make
offices more efficient, increase comfort and make day-to-day tasks
that much easier. We've worked collaboratively with some of
America's leading designers, including Mitch Bakker, Bruce Fifield,
Marcus Koepke, and BMW Group DesignworksUSA. Our product work
often wins awards from the Industrial Designers Society of America,
the International Interior Design Association, the American
Institute of Architects, and Best of NeoCon, and is frequently
recognized by design and architectural magazines.
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for the best
visual overview of our organization.
Keywords: HNI Corporation, Seattle , Business Development Manager, Architectural Products-Seattle, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!