Company: Seattle Iron & Metals Corp
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: WelderResponsibilities Welders report to the
Operations Manager, Facilities & Operations Supervisor, or the
Shredder Supervisor. Welders are responsible for set up,
organization, and performing welding tasks within the scrap yard
while ensuring the adherence with company safety and environmental
standards. Duties may include utilization of hand and power tools,
yard clean up and maintenance, and assisting other personnel
through the yard.This position operates under flexible parameters.
The primary goal of this position is to achieve excellence in all
facets of the position. Providing the highest quality product
safely, effectively and efficiently decreases accidents and errors
and increase profits.Qualifications:
- Candidates must have the ability to carry out instructions
provided in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Demonstration of competence regarding physical properties and
welding characteristics of metal.
- Demonstrates welding proficiency.
- Ability to speak and understand English or Spanish as a basic
level required. Ability to learn new tasks as assigned
- Torch and fabrication skills preferred.
- Experience in a scrap yard preferred.Physical Requirements to
Perform Job Functions:
- Good visual acuity
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time, hear
audible warning signals, walk and stand on uneven surfaces, lift
and carry up to 50 pounds. Operating and moving various equipment
may require dexterity to push, pull, climb, bend, twist, turn,
- Personal protective equipment is required given multiple
hazards typical of scrap yards and torching environment
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to
successfully perform dutiesWork Hours: Monday through Friday with
occasional overtimeJob Type: Full-timePay: From $20.00 per
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availabilityAbility to commute/relocate:
- Seattle, WA 98108: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)Experience:
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Seattle Iron & Metals Corp, Seattle , Welder, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!