Company: CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job DescriptionWe are actively hiring for a Data Scientist to
join our team and support CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer, in
achieving our goals! We are looking for motivated, innovative
individual, who think big and move fast with a passion for service
- Performs complex insurance, financial, economic research, and
modeling in collaboration with product management, underwriting,
claims, actuarial and marketing.
- Collaborates with other functional areas to develop quality
standards, strategy tactics and systems for monitoring performance
for all insurance transactions.
- Utilizes knowledge and understanding of insurance operations,
makes recommendations for process improvements, market development
and goal attainment based on analysis performed.
- Prepares presentations of findings and recommendations and may
participate as a co-presenter and/or lead portions of projects to
- May review work of less seasoned staff for accuracy, logic, and
appropriateness. Develops and may act as coach on processes for
reporting out information to organization.What would make us
excited about you?
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, business, statistics,
economics, computer science, or related field. Master's Degree
- 5+ years of related experience or equivalent combination of
education and experience including one-year experience with data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and SQL
- Significant experience/background in scripting languages
including Python (preferred), R, and SAS.
- Proficient in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g.
Tableau, Power BI, SAS Viya preferred).
- Strong research, statistical, analytical, processing, and
mathematical skills with ability to structure and conduct
- Adaptability and the capability of multi-tasking and effective
- Ability to make effective formal presentations.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of insurance, accounting, rate-making concepts
(preferred) and claim process (preferred).
- Expertise in various structured analysis and design techniques
(preferred).Why join us
- Make a difference. We don't just go to work. We're a team of
employees committed to AAA members, our communities and each
- Lifestyle. We drive strategy through innovation. We do
honorable work, and we live our core beliefs.
- Recognition. We offer a total compensation package, performance
bonus, 401(k) with a company match, and so much more!
- Read more about what we offer and what it is like to be a part
of our dynamic team at: Benefits (aaa.com)Let's work togetherSubmit
your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so
check your inbox and/or your spam folder to ensure you don't miss
important updates from us. Headquartered in Walnut Creek,
California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada,
New Jersey and Oklahoma. Our differences, visible and invisible,
make every individual at CSAA Insurance Group unique and valuable.
We strive to foster a culture where all employees feel a sense of
belonging and can leverage their differences to thrive. We believe
in embracing our unique identities, experiences, and points of view
to advance our company and reflect our communities and members. If
reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job
application or interview process please contact
TalentAcquisition@csaa.com. CSAA Insurance Group is an equal
opportunity employer.Per--Nevada SB293--we are disclosing the
compensation, or range thereof, for roles that will be, or could
be, performed in Nevada. If performed in Nevada, this position has
a(n) salary range of $104,550 -$123,000. In compliance
of--Colorado's--Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA)--we are
disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that
will be, or could be performed in Colorado. If performed in
Colorado, this position has a(n) salary range of $100,000 -
$117,000. The role includes an opportunity for a company-wide
annual discretionary bonus, through our Annual Incentive Plan
(AIP), of up to 8% of eligible pay. (For Sales Agents Only) In
addition we offer an Incentive and Recognition plan which is an
additional earning opportunity from a production incentive
plan.Please note, hourly or salary compensation, or the range of
hourly or salary compensation available for a position may vary by
location. We reserve the right to amend these benefits at any time
and actual compensation will be determined at time of
Keywords: CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer, Seattle , Data Scientist, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!