Senior UX Content Designer, Platform
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Your JobThis role is a mix of content strategy, content design,
and UX writing. Must love both high-level strategy and hands-on
writing to be successful.You'll move fluidly from the big picture
to the smallest detail. You'll use your strong analysis skills and
content design principles to ensure content aligns with both user
goals and business objectives.You will also be responsible for
ensuring all content you create supports the most usable,
consistent, inclusive, and delightful experience for Indeeds users.
You'll identify content opportunities and low-performing areas and
prioritize those for improvements. Excellent communication and
presentation skills and an open, collaborative attitude will ensure
success when you engage with partners from across all company
disciplines.About the teamThe Employer Platform team works to
provide a simple and effective hiring experience for employers
across all of Indeed's products and services. We work on the
employer homepage, onboarding, permissions, notifications, and
- Drive a consistent content experience, balancing user needs,
business objectives, and technology constraints to create the
highest quality, best possible experience.
- Prioritize content needs in an iterative approach, balancing
speed to ship with quality.
- Develop a strategy for how to position specific product
offerings across product surfaces and communication channels.
- Lead (or co-lead) workshops, design sprints, stakeholder
interviews, and other discovery exercises.
- Perform heuristic evaluations, content audits, or competitive
analyses of existing content experiences to identify areas of
- Create information architecture frameworks, content models,
wireframes, taxonomies, content governance documentation, style
guidelines, and priority guides to communicate the overall content
- Create templates and guidelines that other teams can use to
create high quality, consistent content.
- Determine the most appropriate content (e.g., copy, data,
images) and channel for all user touchpoints, including mobile and
desktop products, email, push notifications, and text
- Create user personas, journey maps, etc. and adapt content to
different user segments and intents.
- Partner with UX research to create meaningful research
strategies to discover new content needs and evaluate existing
content. May also lead research if resources or time constraints
- Partner closely with UX designers to ensure the content in
their designs contributes to a useful, usable and engaging user
- In collaboration with product partners, craft success measures
for content that are testable and provable.
- Interpret both qualitative and quantitative data and use it to
make sound data-driven content decisions and design
- Craft tooltips, error messages, and other UI directional
content that adhere to style guidelines and principles.
- Create content that follows all guidelines, including UX
content, accessibility, design system, localization, and legal.
- Help define and evangelize the role of UX content at Indeed and
in the broader community of content professionals.
- Assist in establishing, documenting, and socializing content
best practices, governance, and processes.
- Lead critiques and provide actionable feedback to design
- Mentor and onboard junior team members and interns. May also
manage up to two direct reports.Who You Are
- BA in English, journalism, marketing, communications, or other
relevant field or equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of content strategy, content design, UX
writing, UX design, or similar experience.
- Understanding of design principles and how content fits into
overall user experience, with proven ability to map content to user
intent and adapt UX end-to-end processes to the needs of a given
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Passionate advocate for creating user-centered experiences and
product flows while balancing business and user needs.
- Experience with a data-informed approach to content design,
including qualitative (user testing, Full Story) and quantitative
(A/B testing, analytics) data.
- Experience with design workshops, sprints, and other
- Experience in Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Familiarity with common design and collaboration tools like
Figma and Miro.
- Experience creating content models, wireframes, information
architecture maps and other content frameworks.
- Strong analytical, project management, and decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple tasks for several
projects at the same time, often on short timelines.
- Work without close supervision but seek out and welcome
feedback from senior UX leaders and managers.
- Experience presenting and defending your ideas to partners and
leadership.Who we areWe are a fast-moving, data-driven UX team
building the most popular job site on the planet. Our teams work in
Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore and Hyderabad,
collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver
simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and
employers face everyday.Our MissionAs the worlds number 1 job
site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to
cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people
feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams
with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and
creating the best experience for job seekers.(*comScore Total
Visits, March 2021)Salary Range DisclaimerThe base salary range
represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this
position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including
but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range
listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package
for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses,
Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and
many region-specific benefits.Salary Range TransparencyUS Remote
114,000 - 166,000 USD per yearEqual Opportunities and
Accommodations StatementEqual Opportunities and Accommodations
StatementIndeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and
global community where inclusion is not only valued, but
prioritized. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer,
seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation,
national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or
veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected
grounds.Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations
to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment
application process. To request an accommodation, please contact
Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at
TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your
interview.Our Policies and BenefitsView Indeed's Applicant Privacy
and Accessibility Policies -
https://www.indeed.com/legal/indeed-jobsLearn about our global
employee perks, programs and benefits -
https://benefits.indeed.jobs/Where legally permitted, Indeed
requires all individuals attending or working out of Indeed offices
or visiting Indeed clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
For positions that can only be performed at an Indeed office,
candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present
acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition
of employment. For positions that require some in-office work or
in-person client meetings, exceptions to these in-office or
in-person job requirements may be made at the discretion of the
business through June 2022, at which point full vaccination will be
required. Indeed will consider requests for reasonable
accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being
fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week
period after receiving the second dose (or any government
recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a
two week period after receiving a single-dose (or any government
recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.by
Keywords: Indeed, Seattle , Senior UX Content Designer, Platform, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!