Lead Night Stocker
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Title: Night Crew Supervisor
Reports to: Grocery Manager
Salaried or Hourly: Hourly
Job Code: 001115, 100514
Date: March 2015
Position Purpose: Exemplifies strong customer service in every
aspect of the job. Supervises and participates in all night crew
activities; communicates with Grocery Manager or Store Director,
monitors and complies with Company policies, compiles Department
orders and inventories.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
* Assists the Grocery Manager in directing the operation of the
grocery department, including supervising and training personnel on
the night crew.
* Supervises and participates in all night crew activities in order
to maximize sales, earnings, and customer satisfaction in the
grocery department. Reports incidents requiring discipline to the
Grocery Manager and Store Director. Communicates with the Grocery
Manager and Store Director on night crew activities. Trains and
supervises associates in all night crew activities, policies and
procedures. Supervises total store on the night crew as directed by
the Store Director.
* Maintains the quality condition of all products: rotates, stocks
and faces products, discards out of code and spoiled products and
maintains backroom. Cleans and dusts shelves.
* Assists in ordering, receiving, storing, stocking, inventory
control and building displays. Operates related equipment such as
hand trucks, six-wheel carts, pallet jacks and ladders. Maintains a
safe, secure and sanitary working environment.
* Assists the Grocery Manager in planning, organizing regular and
seasonal merchandise requirements and special sales needs.
* Ensures cost, quality and inventory level through verifying
orders against invoices, auditing contents of product cases and
completing necessary forms and reports accurately.
* Implements Company and Division operating and merchandising
policies and practices. Controls shrink. Prevents damage and sale
of unsafe or out of code products. Assists in the reclamation
* Encourages and maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer
awareness with an emphasis on fast, friendly, courteous customer
service. Handles positive vendor relations.
* Implements Company loss prevention and security policies during
* Responsible for performing all job duties accurately, safely and
with honesty and integrity.
* Performs other duties as assigned and necessary.
Skills and Physical Requirements:
* Must be friendly and courteous. Must take initiative and maintain
composure in dealing with customers, co-workers and vendors as well
have the ability to concentrate and deal with interruptions and
* Ability to cooperate with others and work as part of a team.
Ability to work independently without supervision when the store is
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Must stand and walk for long periods of time. Frequently reaches,
lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of varying dimensions and
weights up to approximately 80 lbs., within the range of floor
level to overhead. Pushes or pulls fully loaded hand trucks,
six-wheel carts or pallet jacks. May climb ladders. Utilizes safety
cutters and cleaning supplies.
* Mental alertness is required to ensure safe, accurate completion
of work activities and to do repetitious work accurately.
* Requires knowledge of basic mathematics, inventory control,
storage, merchandising and shipping and receiving procedures.
* Mental dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to
perform repetitious movements safely.
* Will be required to work nights, may work weekends and holidays.
Scheduled hours will vary. Must be able to work with little
supervision. Regular attendance is required.
* Requires the ability to cover for various positions throughout
* Knowledge and ability to implement emergency procedures in the
event of equipment and computer software malfunctions.
* Must comply with Company policies including grooming standards
and dress code.
* Exposure to cleaning chemicals.
* May occasionally be exposed to temperatures of 28-- Fahrenheit
while handling products in a cooler and approximately -20--
Fahrenheit in a freezer.
* Working conditions consist of a temperature controlled store
environment. Exposure to varying temperatures while working in the
loading and receiving area. Occasional exposure to outdoor
environment with varying temperatures.
Safety -- Sensitive Position:
Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect the
safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work performed by employees assigned to this job. If you have
questions regarding your ability to physically perform the listed
job duties and requirements -- e.g. lifting, standing, bending,
etc. - please speak to your Store Director. All team members must
comply with Company, Division, and Store policies and applicable
laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel
so classified may vary within each store and from store to
Keywords: Safeway, Seattle , Lead Night Stocker, Other , Puyallup, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!