CT Technologist - CT Scanning
Company: Swedish Health Services
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a CT Technologist (0.9
FTE, Day Shift) to work in CT Scanning at Swedish First Hill
campus, in Seattle, WA.The CT Technologist Medical Imaging performs
a variety of technical and patient care procedures that require
independent judgment utilizing a multi-slice CT scanner.$7,500
Signing Bonus/Retention Relocation Assistance Available (external
candidates only)In this position you will:
- Demonstrates complete understanding of multi-slice CT scan
- Accurately provides diagnostic images and related functions.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of human anatomy to
satisfactorily allow optimum positioning of patients for imaging
procedure. Performs procedure in a manner which allows patients to
be comfortable, both physically and emotionally.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of radiation safety, use
of protective devices and application of universal precaution
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and information of current scan
- Enters exam data entry/charges in a manner consistent with
- Performs transporting of patients, file and/or reception duties
- Maintains availability for on-call status per policy.
- Demonstrates ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities in
an efficient manner.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of departmental operations
and patient flow.
- Accurately prepares, dispenses, and administers (by injection,
orally or rectally) all x-ray contrast in use in CT.
- Consistently follows departmental protocols and procedures.
- Obtains and documents relevant patient history to determine
appropriateness of CT exam and communicates information to the
- Demonstrates patient care skills appropriate for all age
groups, neonate through geriatric and utilizes age specific imaging
- Consistently able to receive directions from the radiologist
and apply good judgment.
- Is cooperative, respectful and helpful to all others in the
workplace (co-workers, managers, and physicians) in support of the
delivery of patient care and services. Conducts appropriate
discussions regarding operational, system and personnel issues with
the Lead Technologist or Medical Director.
- Demonstrates initiative to learn new or evolving procedures and
practices in the CT department. Participates in promotion of
services as necessary.
- Accepts instruction, guidance and corrections in a positive
- Performs duties and functions appropriate to, and confines
interactions (either verbal or written) with patients or other
health care professionals, within the scope of practice of a CT
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. This includes
various types of x-ray equipment and applications, to include
c-arm, portable, R&F, etc. Proficiency with fluoroscopic
procedures.Qualifications:Required qualifications this position
include:Education: Satisfactory completion of a formal radiologic
technology program.Satisfactory completion of a formal radiologic
- At the time of hire must have Radiologic Technologist registry
- Washington State Certified Radiologic Technologist - Diagnostic
- Post primary certification in CT within one year of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at
time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military
Training Network (MTN).Experience:2 years Experience as a
Radiologic Technologist, with one-year in a CT Scan department
preferredAbout the First Hill Campus.The 697-bed tertiary-care
center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the
Swedish health-care system.Swedish/First Hill has one of the most
active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and
houses a Level IIIneonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are
performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other
facility in theregion; volumes include more total joint
replacements than any other medical center in the state.We offer
comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more
MissionOur Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each
person we serve.Our Vision is Health for a Better World.About
UsSwedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the
greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses
(First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency
rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the
Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of
more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout
the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000
caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers.
Whether through physician clinics, education, research and
innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the
people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military
status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity,
sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any
other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule:
Full-timeShift: DayJob Category: Radiology TechnologistLocation:
Washington-SeattleWork Locations: First Hill Main Bldg (WA145) 747
Broadway Seattle, 98122Req ID: 328330
Keywords: Swedish Health Services, Seattle , CT Technologist - CT Scanning, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!