Inspector Operational Test B
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. Were committed to fostering
an environment for every teammate thats welcoming, respectful and
inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find
your future with us.Boeing Commercial Airplanes has an exciting
opportunity for an Inspector Operational Test B to join our teams
in Renton and Everett, WA.An inspector in this position performs
in-process inspection or functional test inspection for
workmanship, fit, alignment and conformance with applicable
drawings, specification, quality standards, and manufacturing
- Ensure that appropriate revisions of drawings and other
documents are being used.
- Verify all paperwork and on-line systems (e.g., Work Plan, Test
Inspection Records, nonconformance items) are complete, accurate
and up to date.
- Inspect and verify all systems are ready for functional
- Witness or verify test of aircraft systems and components, as
required, per engineering requirements and operating
- Use automated test equipment (ATE), as required.
- Determine if operational and/or functional testing is required
after rework, repair or replacement of system components.
- Coordinate with engineering, as required. Inspect electrical
assemblies (e.g., installation, crimping, termination,
- Inspect completed assembly jobs and review workmanship,
dimensions and locations, and ensure all parts/assemblies have been
installed per the drawing, specification and plan using applicable
mathematical calculations and precision measuring tools.
- Identify and document discrepancies and report as
- Reject assembly or installation, as required.
- Note discrepant condition(s) and location(s) and what the
correct configuration of the assembly or installation should be,
citing drawing, or plan requirements.
- Record results and route to appropriate group for processing,
- Indicate QA acceptance on the appropriate paperwork and/or
on-line systems and process the paperwork/systems as required per
appropriate procedures and policies.
- Verify record and reinspect of parts/assemblies.
- Perform line checks to investigate whether rejectable condition
exists on other airplanes, as required.
- Audit manufacturing and inspection processes, as required.
- Ensure certification of tools, test equipment and personnel are
- Work with customers and consult others (e.g., production,
engineering, planning, customer coordinator) on process or job
related issues, as required.
- Prepare package for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
inspections, as required.
- Handle, use and dispose of hazardous materials in approved
- Work with other employees to improve functions, methods, and
- Provide on the job training to others.This position is expected
to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work
onsite at one of the listed location options.The position must meet
Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as
defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. US Person includes US
Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.Basic
Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Must have experience as a Quality Inspector
- Ability to walk constantly throughout the workday; stand 6-8
hours per day; climb or work from stairs/steps up to 8 hours per
day; climb ladders; bend and twist frequently up to six hours per
day; squat and kneel
- Must be able to complete Fall Protection Training
- Must be able to use a respirator or have been respirator
certifiedPreferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- High School graduate or GED preferredTypical Education:High
school graduate or GED preferred.Relocation:This position is
located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates
must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own
expense.Shift:Variable.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free
Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to
testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and
alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Other
Relevant Information & Requirements:
- Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland
must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in
the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing
employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be
- This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective
Bargaining agreement.Vaccination Requirements:Boeing is
implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated
from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on
local legislation in several countries. Please refer here for
current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements,
and timelines based on location.Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental
disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.by Jobble
Keywords: Boeing, Seattle , Inspector Operational Test B, Other , Snohomish, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!