Patient Flow Coordinator
Company: Virginia Mason Medical Center
Posted on: January 17, 2022
In this part-time Patient Flow Coordinator position, you will have
the opportunity to contribute your organizational strengths to
coordinate and facilitate the non-clinical activities of the
patient care area. You will act as a liaison with the nurse,
physician, and ancillary staff enabling them to focus on quality
care and patient satisfaction.
- Coordinate unit by greeting patients and visitors, triaging
phone calls, maintaining current information on locator boards;
communicate scheduled tests and procedures for patients.
- Process patients' charts upon admission and discharge.
- May assist with medication reconciliation upon admission.
- May process medication calendars and Micromedex for discharge
- Coordinate and maintain nursing unit supplies; monitor patient
confidentiality; maintain a hazard-free work environment.
- As appropriate, respond to patient/visitor requests and
complaints; escalate requests/complaints to the appropriate staff
- Ensure correct patient type and accommodation codes on daily
basis on all patients.
- Assist MSW with patient handoff to outside facilities upon
discharge, including processing of information to receiving
- Assist with patient care/bed placement assignments.
- Assist Unit Manager with clerical responsibilities.
Located in Seattle, WA, Virginia Mason is an internationally
recognized leader in the continuous improvement of health care.
With an extensive list of awards and distinctions that includes our
recognition as a Leapfrog Top Hospital of the Decade; Virginia
Mason offers you the opportunity to partner with exceptionally
talented peers at every level.
You will contribute to the strength of our Team Medicine approach
to collaborative medicine and benefit from the changes enacted
through our Virginia Mason Production System, a model that has
transformed health care by providing patients with easier access to
care, reducing errors, and continuously innovating patient safety
and quality that has been adopted by other organizations here and
abroad. Join us and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers
you the chance to focus on what really matters--- your
- High school diploma, or GED.
- At least two years customer service experience, preferably in a
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated time management, organizational and
problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of VM information
- An understanding of diagnostic tests, coding, procedures, and
- CPR certification required.
Just as Virginia Mason is dedicated to improving the lives of our
patients and our community, we are equally dedicated to your
professional and personal success. With a wide range of perks that
includes a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, and the
opportunity to live in one of the most livable cities in the
nation, you will find that an opportunity with Team Medicine is one
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Keywords: Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle , Patient Flow Coordinator, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!