Company: Early Learning Academies
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is a federal
program that provides reimbursements for nutritious meals and
snacks to eligible children and adults who are enrolled for care at
participating childcare centers, day care homes, and adult day care
- Manage excellent implementation of the food program that
follows United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) policies and
procedures across all Early Learning Academies centers.
- Comply with laws, state childcare regulations, local regulatory
agencies, and the CACFP.
- Conduct CACFP monitoring review visits at all participating
sites to assure compliance with program requirements.
- Lead the annual study month and verify that income eligibility
forms are completed accurately per state regulations.
- Complete and submit the CACFP renewal application annually to
the state agency.
- Compile, review, and submit accurate and timely monthly claims
- Review and suggest revisions to CACFP and standard operating
procedures in collaboration with food program team.
- Maintain and organize CACFP records including claiming records,
attendance records, monthly rosters, eligibility forms, training
logs, menus, menu documentation, special dietary needs forms,
receipts, invoices, and other documentation to meet state
- Prepare for and participate in administrative reviews as
required by the state regulatory agency.
- Review, revise and distribute menus that meet the CACFP meal
pattern and support the nutritional needs of children enrolled in
- Ensure children are served all required components in the
appropriate serving size at each meal and snack.
- Assist centers in planning and providing modified diets for
children with special dietary needs.
- Communicate and maintain relationships with childcare staff,
sponsoring agency and state agency representatives.
- Supervise, train, evaluate, and support center directors and
childcare staff in implementing CACFP regulations.
- Develop, locate, and/or implement training opportunities for
center directors and childcare staff to meet the CACFP training
- Ensure adequate amounts of supplies are maintained to properly
prepare, serve, and store food and non-food supplies in accordance
with CACFP guidelines.
- Monitor food orders submitted by each center to ensure CACFP
reimbursement is used only on allowable costs.
- Develop and maintain the food and supply record as it relates
to the CACFP.
- Ensure that childcare centers meet all safety and licensing
regulations for nutrition and food preparation.
- Ensure food safety and sanitation inspections are conducted to
provide safe food for all children in care.
- Maintain the contractual CACFP budget and budget records.
- Effectively supervise and/or implement contracts as required to
ensure accountability for funding and reimbursement.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Minimum of five years' experience administering grant funded
programs; with two years' preferred in CACFP.
- Experience with CACFP, State, and Federal management
- Advanced experience with Excel and MS software.
- Experience with childcare software systems preferred (Procare,
- Early childhood education multi-site operations experience
- Strong working knowledge of federal, state & local laws
relating to licensing.
- Bachelor's degree in business, early childhood education,
nutrition, or related field preferred.
- Ability to lift in excess of twenty (20) lbs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that always
reflect professionalism and tact.
- Ability to pass state and federal background checks.Skills
- Ability to lead and manage remote teams.
- Ability to work in a changing environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of and ability to work in any of the roles within the
- Proactive and team-oriented attitude to create a successful
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability with parents
and team members.
- Ability to create a professional, productive, and positive
environment for employees, parents, and children.
- Strong communication skills that always reflect professionalism
- Enforce all policies and procedures documented in the employee
handbook, job description, and any other information verbally
instructed by the National Director.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYIt is our policy to abide by all
federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination
based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy,
childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual
disability, age, military status, veteran status (including
protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or
civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex
stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition,
genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected
status except where a reasonable, bonafide occupational
Keywords: Early Learning Academies, Seattle , CACFP Coordinator, Other , Bothell, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!