Solutions Architect, Digital Asset Systems and Services
Posted on: January 17, 2022
At REI our core mission is to inspire, educate and outfit for a
lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship.
Digital Assets Platform is a key enabler of customer experiences
across the digital ecosystem that deliver inspiration and expertise
to customers to help them get outside.
In this role, you will support our Digital Asset Systems and
Services team in distributing digital media more easily across the
REI.com ecosystem. You'll collaborate in a dynamic environment with
REI's business analysts, product owners and stakeholders, other
Architects, and various Software Engineers to guide the creation of
these features that deliver exceptional customer experiences. You
will have the flexibility to grow your skills and explore new
technical challenges on the journey towards making REI's digital
experience world class.
In this role you:
- Are responsible for project-level solutions, ensuring the
design optimally satisfies needs and expectations for all project
- Advocate and champion Enterprise Architecture and Domain
Architecture imperatives to the project team
- Will be responsible for overall solution quality; security,
performance, flexibility, availability, etc
- Act as a liaison between the business and developers
- Are responsible for deciding technologies to use in the
solution not already defined by the Domain Architecture and
Enterprise Architecture teams
- Will create architecture deliverables such as; non-functional
requirements, system diagrams, data models, and traceability matrix
to track and monitor the solution from requirements to design to
implementation to test cases.
- Responsible for defining the technical roadmap for assigned
- Assist in building Proofs of Concept for new technologies or
- Assist with Privacy and Security reviews to make sure all
solutions meet our high bar for the safety of our customer and
- Evaluate vendor solutions in terms of business requirements,
performance, support and securityBring your passion and
- Experience working with Java-based or similar online systems
and platforms in microservice architectures
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or
equivalent training and experience.
- 5+ years systems architecture experience with large-scale,
mission-critical databases and applications.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound
judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business
- Consolidates information from various sources including
feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of solution
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business
- Basic knowledge of business process re-engineering principles
- Understanding of network architecture and application
- Understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design,
and/or client/server systems.
- iServer, Visio or another similar architecture repository
platform (Draw.io, Balsamiq etc..)#LI-MM2As required by the
Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, REI provides a range of
minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado.
Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may
include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills
and experience, geographic location or other relevant factors. The
salary range for this position may be lower or higher in different
markets.$85,000 to $170,000 per yearTo review benefits information,
including medical, retirement, and time off visit
Keywords: REI, Seattle , Solutions Architect, Digital Asset Systems and Services, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!