Youth Partner/Peer Counselor - FT - Oak Harbor
Company: Compass Health
Location: Oak Harbor
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Youth Partner / Peer Counselor Full Time (40 hours/week)
Compass Health Oak Harbor, WA
Compass Health is currently looking for a Youth Partner / Peer
Counselor to join the Childrens Intensive Services program!
What you will be performing
We are looking for someone who can work as part of a
multi-disciplinary treatment team to provide an individualized,
creative, and strength-based approach within the wraparound model.
This position will work to support youth and caregivers in order to
maintain children in a least restrictive and community-based
What you will be carrying along
This position requires a flexible schedule with evening and weekend
hours both in the office, in the client's home, and in the
community. Youth Partners work with the client to help support
their engagement and active participation in making informed
decisions to drive the wraparound process. The Youth Partners
ensure each client is heard and their individual needs are being
addressed and met. Youth Partners have their own life experience of
living with a behavioral health disorder as a young person which
helps them connect with and provide hope to youth in the
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. AA or BA Degree in
a related field preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Current Peer Counselor Certification required.
What you will be sharing
- Personal experience receiving community services as a consumer,
and/or experience as a caregiver of a child as a consumer.
- Experience as a Peer Counselor preferred.
- Some knowledge of child development, behavior management and
parenting techniques, and culturally diverse families.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of rehabilitation and
- Knowledge of mental illnesses and chemical dependency, and
effective strategies for dealing with its effects.
- Ability to collaborate, provide peer support, and help
facilitate services for families receiving high intensity
What we will be offering
As the regions largest non-profit community behavioral healthcare
organization, we have been serving our clients and our communities
for over 110 years. Our commitment to care doesnt stop with our
clients though, as we take pride in offering our employees the
opportunity to work in a culture that promotes learning, growth,
and advancement as well as a focus on employee satisfaction and
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance at NO COST to Full-time
- 16 days of paid vacation the first year
- 12 sick days with great wellness day
- 13 paid holidays 11 regular and 2 that you choose
- Professional funds and paid education leave
- Up to 2% match for the 403B Retirement plan after the first
- Automatic additional pay raises when you have your 1st & 3rd
anniversary with Compass!
- And much, much more!!
Compass Health was established in 1902 as Parkland Lutheran
Childrens Home. For more than 10 decades we have grown to providing
more than 22,000 people with comprehensive behavioral healthcare,
housing, and integrated healthcare each year. We are committed to
serving the vulnerable members of our community, including those
who are overlooked and underserved by traditional health systems,
by creating hope, promoting recovery, and advancing whole person
KEYWORDS: Peer Counselor, Youth Peer, Counseling, Mental Health
Compass Health promotes equal treatment and equal employment
opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of race,
creed, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status,
sexual minority status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or
disability unless based on a bona fide occupational
Job Title: Youth Partner
Program: 6600-16300 Children's Intensive
Location: Oak Harbor
Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Wage: $17.15-$30.01/hr DOE
Keywords: Compass Health, Seattle , Youth Partner/Peer Counselor - FT - Oak Harbor, Other , Oak Harbor, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!