ICW Social Worker
Company: Snoqualmie Indian Tribe
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Description: Working under the direct supervision of the
Snoqualmie Indian Child Welfare SICW Program Manager, provide
direct services to Snoqualmie children involved in the State and
Tribal child welfare systems, including joint Child Protective
Services (CPS) investigations/case management services with
Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) social workers.
Work includes investigations, case management, referral, case
coordination, home visits, court reporting, testimony,
transportation and related services that support the goal of
protecting Tribal children, reunification and long-term planning
that supports the Snoqualmie Indian Child Welfare Program.Essential
- Investigates allegations of child abuse and neglect, provides
case management and services as needed. Works with children and
families who are voluntarily or involuntarily engaged with SICW in
child welfare services. .
- Provide ongoing social work and case management services to
Snoqualmie children and families involved child welfare services in
Tribal Court and/or State Court
- Provide testimony in Tribal Court and/or State Court regarding
progress made on active SICW cases
- Provide detailed documentation in support of protecting
children and providing reunification requirements. Provide
referrals and case consultations for related services to children
- Maintain case files, drafts detailed reports to Tribal Court
and/or DCYF regarding progress made by children and families.
Completes necessary related paperwork required to properly track
client services and progress.
- Provide and document referrals and follow up services for
children and families to existing Tribal Programs and other
non-Tribal Programs. Conduct home visit at least one time monthly
with children and their caregivers.
- Plan for and facilitate visitation between the child(ren) and
their parent/guardian in the least restrictive environment.
- Make recommendations of short and long term placements of
- Coordinate with services providers to meet the needs of clients
and children served by the SICW program.
- SICW social worker is required to travel long distances for
court appearances, visitation and service delivery to children and
- Provide safe and reliable transportation of children and
families as required.
- Attend all necessary trainings; including a minimum of one ICW
specific training per year.
- All other duties as assigned. . Requirements:
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account
for his/her actions.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to
facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position
- Communication - Excellent oral, written and communication
- Committed to being collaborative and transparent with
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while
following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute
details of a project or task.
- Diversity - Ability to work effectively with people regardless
of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
Ability to be culturally sensitive.
- Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the
feelings of others.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of
values and accepted standards.
- Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or
following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to
organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- BA Degree in Social Work required, Master's Degree in Social
- Bachelor's Degree-Three to six years related experience in
- Master's Degree-Minimum one year of experience in social
- Previous experience working in Tribal communities and/or
experience working with Native families preferred.
- Excellent computer skills required.
- Proven experience in child abuse/risk assessment; child
development; ICWA; budget management; foster licensing
- Knowledge of State/ Tribe agreements and Indian Child Welfare
codes.Conditions of Employment
- Must agree to be subject to the Tribe's Controlled Substance
and Alcohol Testing Policy to include pre-employment
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver's License during
duration of employment.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must have and/or obtain CPR/First aid and blood borne pathogens
- Must complete Defensive Driving training
- Mandatory reporting training
- Must have HIPAA training.
- Must have a current TB test.Work EnvironmentWork generally
takes place in an office environment within a controlled atmosphere
building. Noise levels are typically low to moderate. Travel by car
to client homes and courtrooms will also be required. Tribal
Preference PolicyThe Snoqualmie Indian Tribe follows the Tribal
Hiring Preference as outlined in tribal policies, which allows
hiring preference to qualified individuals that are enrolled in a
federally recognized Indian tribe. The Tribe has reviewed this job
description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties
have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job
expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position
described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities.
Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by
supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent
a contract of employment, and the Tribe reserves the right to
change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to
perform, as the Tribe may deem appropriate.Additional Information
- This is a full-time salaried position and employment is
- Compensation will be determined based on experience, starts at
- Competitive medical, dental, life and disability insurance
benefits beginning the first of the month following date of
- 401k retirement plan with employer matching contributions after
90 days employment.
- Generous paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.PM19
Keywords: Snoqualmie Indian Tribe, Seattle , ICW Social Worker, Other , Snoqualmie, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!