Registration Specialist Per Diem - Puyallup
Company: TRA Medical Imaging
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionPay: $16.46 - $21.37 per hourThis position is Per
Diem and will be required to travel to all Diagnostic Imaging
Northwest locations. Per Diems are expected to work a minimum of 2
shifts or 16 hours per month.Job Summary:This position is the first
impression of TRA Medical Imaging. The Registration Specialist
position is responsible for greeting all patients and other clients
in a friendly and professional manner. Duties include registering
patients, answering phones, communicating with others in a
professional manner, collecting account payments, and monitoring
patients and their families while in reception area. The
Registration Specialist must work as part of a team and assume
other responsibilities as assigned by site manager or lead. Relies
on limited judgement and experience to plan and accomplish goals.
Performs a variety of tasks. This position is Per Diem and will be
required to travel to all Diagnostic Imaging Northwest locations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet and register patients for radiology procedures ensuring
their comfort and answering their questions.
- Duties include verifying patient insurance coverage and
demographics; ensuring paperwork is complete for the specific
modality and communicating with other medical facilities as
- Collect account payments.
- Handle routine office administrative procedures including word
processing, sorting and reviewing referrals, faxing and keeping
workstations/patient areas clean and organized.
- Responsible for document scanning and navigating the RIS
- Check work email daily.
- Follow the HIPAA privacy and security policies and
- Perform other related work as
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency required.
- Minimum 1 year of recent, related experience, or equivalent
combination of education, training, and experience.Job
- Have a general knowledge of radiology procedures including
Mammography; Bone Densitometry; Ultrasound; CT; MRI; NM; FL; PET;
- Working knowledge of CPT codes and the RIS system.
- Use proper phone etiquette and correct grammar.
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a teamwork environment and have
respectful behavior while working with co-workers.
- Communicate professionally with other medical facilities,
patients, and customers.
- Ability to provide geographical directions to all outpatient
- Must possess excellent verbal communication skills; good
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
including word processing systems, typing, and filing.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and carry out instructions
effectively. Licensure/CertificationsCurrent driver's license valid
in the State of Washington is required or other evidence of
equivalent mobility.Physical RequirementsWork is classified as
moderate in physical requirements. Must be able to assist in
supporting patients of varying weight. Ability to stand, walk or
sit for extended periods of time. Reaching by extending hand(s) or
arm(s) in any direction. Also requires manual dexterity sufficient
to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other
office equipment as necessary.Mental RequirementsWork requires high
attention to detail and the ability to handle mentally stressful
situations. The ability to maintain high level of sensitivity
towards confidential information is also
required.Working/Environmental ConditionsWork environment consists
of normal office or administrative working conditions. There may be
exposure to communicable diseases. There will be limited exposure
to ionizing radiation. The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this classification. They are not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may
be required to perform duties outside of their normal
responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Keywords: TRA Medical Imaging, Seattle , Registration Specialist Per Diem - Puyallup, Other , Puyallup, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!