Principal Engineer - Electrical Controls (Remote Available)
Company: Conagra Brands
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Reporting to the Director Engineering you will be seen as an
engineering expert and resource across the Conagra Engineering
organization. You will review requirements and work with other
Engineering Disciplines to determine and design optimized technical
solutions for capital investment projects and provide technical
support on equipment that may need modification or improvement. You
will have a Continuous Improvement mindset - recommending and
implementing improvements, modifications or additions to enhance
Engineering work streams.You Will:
- Work with Platform engineering leadership to develop annual and
3 year capital plans by recommending system improvements and
solutions in both concept and performance.
- Help develop Front-End-Load capital project estimates (FEL1 and
FEL3) that are complete, concise, and reflect due diligence to
ensure project success.
- Provide technology assessments and best-in-class industry
solutions for successful project execution.
- Provide infrastructure requirements and needs assessments.
- Help with preliminary Capital / Expense cost estimating.
- Work with the Engineering Project Manager to develop a design
schedule that meets the overall project schedule requirements.
- Review equipment and system performance criteria.
- Identify project pre-requisites, alternative solutions, risks,
and opportunities for improvement.
- Complete functional control descriptions for the unit
operations and systems designed/developed by the Engineer.
- Review Technical Briefs providing technical guidance to project
- Develop Business Case Screening scopes and estimates to give
the business a directional view of a project and the robustness of
the business case.
- Keep current with latest industry regulations and codes
relative to equipment system design and operation.
- Provide technical and economic feasibility to other groups
within Conagra Brands that are focused on improvements to the
current state and developing competitive advantages against our
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in electrical/control system design
- 5+ years of experience in Rockwell Automation Controls
- Experience in food manufacturing operations and food
manufacturing conceptual design
- Expert level manufacturing automation systems knowledge with a
focus on Rockwell Automation/Allen Bradley control systems
including: Networking, PLCs, VFDs, Servo Systems, Panel View
- Expert level HMI Visualization and Database (SQLServer)
integration knowledge and associated system applications with a
variety of Industry products: Rockwell, Aveva (Wonderware),
Inductive Automation (Ignition).
- Experience with Advanced Process and Packaging Controls
experience including: Batching Systems, CIP Systems, and Robotic
- Project leadership and execution knowledge as it relates to
large System Integration programs.
- We ask that you are open to up to 30%
travel#LI-PM2#LI-RemoteOur Benefits:We care about your total
well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your
location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid
life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and
stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules
(subject to your location and role) Our Company: Conagra Brands is
one of North America's leading branded food companies. We have a
rich heritage of making great food, and a team that's passionate
about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every
occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye -, Marie
Callender's -, Banquet -, Healthy Choice -, Slim Jim -, Reddi-wip
-, and Vlasic -, and emerging brands, including Angie's -
BOOMCHICKAPOP -, Duke's -, Earth Balance -, Gardein -, and Frontera
-.We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and
inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit
. Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers
qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race,
color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave
status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any
other characteristic or status protected by national, federal,
state or local law. ---
Keywords: Conagra Brands, Seattle , Principal Engineer - Electrical Controls (Remote Available), Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!