Property General Adjuster
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Purpose of JobLet's do something that really matters.We have an
important mission: serving the members of the military community
and their families. It's both a chance to say thank you and the
opportunity to put your talents to work in a meaningful way. To do
it right, we need the right people. We're looking for those who
share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service.
Because what we do is just as important as how we do it. Come be a
part of what makes us so special!It is all about learning and
growing.As a Property General Adjuster within defined guidelines
and framework, investigates, evaluates, negotiates and settles the
highest complexity property insurance claims presented by or
against our members. Confirms/analyzes coverage, recognizes
liability exposure and negotiates equitable settlement in
compliance with all state regulatory requirements. Recognizes and
empathizes with members' life events, as appropriate.Job
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Manages assigned claims caseload comprised of claims with the
highest complexity damages that require extensive knowledge and
understanding of claims coverage.
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to
facilitate the highest complexity claims resolution. May also
involve external regulatory coordination to ensure appropriate
documentation and compliance.
- Extensive evaluation for highly complex claims, involving
lengthy research and determination of settlement. Proactively
identifies and engages in additional confirmation of potential
discrepancies resulting from research involving complicated
- Serves as a resource for less experience staff on complicated
- Determines coverage through analyzing extensive information
involving highly complex policy terms, including claim
- Communicates with insured about coverage or any issues that
involve additional information or considerations regarding
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history,
determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals,
- Determines and negotiates highly complex settlement. Makes
recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of
- Maintains accurate and current claim file with critical
documentation throughout the claims process for highly
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms.
Utilizes platforms to prepare claims estimates in order to manage
complex property insurance claims.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for claims handling.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe (CAT) operations as
needed to include working significant overtime; may require
deployment travel during designated CATs.
- Works independently solving complex problems with minimal
guidance; acts as a resource for colleagues with less
- May require travel to resolve claims and conduct in-person
inspections.Minimum Requirements: When you apply for this position,
you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will
take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will
not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able
to change your responses.Minimum Education:
- High School Diploma/General Equivalency DiplomaMinimum
- 4 years' relevant property claims adjusting experience that
includes writing estimates of moderate-highly complex claims and
field adjusting experience.
- 2 years' experience handling dwelling claims.
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster
license and state registrations within 90 days of hire.
- Proficient knowledge of Xactimate or similar estimating
- Expert knowledge estimating losses of moderate complexity.
- Advanced knowledge of property claims contracts and
interpretation of case law.
- Proficient knowledge of residential construction.
- Demonstrated negotiation, investigation, communication and
conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the year (local & non-local) and/or
work catastrophe duty when needed.Physical Demand Requirements:
- May require the ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds to
include lifting a ladder in and out of the trunk of a car.
- May require the ability to climb ladders and traverse roofs,
this includes the ability to work at heights while inspecting roofs
- May require the ability to crouch and stoop to inspect confined
attic spaces and go beneath homes into crawl spaces.
- May need to meet all USAA safe driving requirements including
verification of driving record through MVR & possession of valid
driver's license.Preferred Experience:The above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
- Prior General Adjuster experience with a Standard Carrier
- Xactimate I or II Certification
- Prior CAT deployment
- Bachelor's degree
- Industry designations such as CPCU, AIC, SCLA
- Reside in the Seattle, WA areaCompensation: USAA has an
effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges
to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary
range based on your experience and market position. The salary
range for this position is: $*72,900.00 - 131,400.00 USD
AnnualEmployees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay
differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees
working in locations where market pay levels are above the national
average.Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours.Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs.Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.Please click on the link below for
more details.To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA
Total Rewards.Relocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, Seattle , Property General Adjuster, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!