Launch Vehicle Control Systems Engineer - New Glenn
Company: BLUE ORIGIN
Posted on: May 16, 2022
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and
problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of
safety. This position will directly impact the history of space
exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention
towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the
cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin's vision of
millions of people living and working in space to benefit
What impact will you have on the advancement of human space
exploration? As part of a hardworking and complementary team of
engineers, you will develop and verify inner-loop flight control
applications for New Glenn launch vehicle systems. Together, we
will positively contribute to all aspects of developing and
verifying control software applications. Our team serves in several
traditionally distinct roles: Systems Engineering, Fluids
Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, Software Development, and
Software Verification. We build and validate engineering
simulations of fluids subsystems to verify that control algorithms
and software satisfy requirements. Successful team members
demonstrate excellent engineering judgment and an ability to work
independently with minimal direction and supervision.
We are looking for engineers to apply their technical expertise,
leadership skills, and dedication to quality to positively advance
safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is
required and is a key indicator of a successful candidate!
- Strong engineering fundamentals; particularly in fluid
mechanics and thermodynamics.
- Deep understanding of fundamental controls engineering, such as
frequency response analysis, stability margins, filtering, and
state-space control and estimation.
- High proficiency in Simulink and MATLAB for modeling,
simulation, control design, and automatic code generation.
- Practical experience in software development, including
embedded C or C++ programming.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication
- B.S. (or M.S. or Ph.D.) in aerospace, mechanical, or related
engineering with 5+ years of real project experience.
- Ability to support 40-50 hour work weeks with occasionally
higher effort as required to meet schedule.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional
relationships, and strengthen our culture of inclusion.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident
(current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as
a refugee or granted asylum.
- Substantial experience and success developing controls for real
- Hands-on experience with high-pressure gas and cryogenic
- Deep knowledge of systems engineering for safety-critical
- Experience with rockets, missiles, or other aerospace vehicle
Keywords: BLUE ORIGIN, Seattle , Launch Vehicle Control Systems Engineer - New Glenn, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!